Chapter 11

Haewon was beaming the next day. She was very excited to go to homecoming as Renjun's date. She was smiling from ear to ear the entire night, replaying the scene in her head.

"You seem way too happy, spill the beans, now." Haechan demanded as they walked towards class.

"Renjun asked me to go to homecoming with him." Haewon told him. She watched as a small smile crept onto his face, a rare thing for him.

"Great, at least I know one person will be suffering with me." Haechan replied, trying to hide his happiness for his friend.

"Since when did you like Renjun anyways? You've made him drive me home twice already." Haewon asked him, noticing his suspicious behaviour. Haechan shrugged his shoulder.

"He seems like an okay guy I guess."

...

Haechan was at his locker, putting his books away for lunch when he saw Jeno approaching Haewon, a rose hidden behind his back. He shook his head, already knowing the scene about to happen. Jaemin happily tapped Haechan's shoulder, proudly pointing to Jeno.

"This isn't going to go well." Haechan whispered to him.

"What do you mean, he got her a rose." Jaemin whispered back. Haechan shook his head.

"Watch."

...

"Haewon?" Haewon turned away from her locker as she heard her name.

"Oh, hi Jeno! Wait, what is this?" Haewon said, seeing the Football Team Captain behind her, smiling as he handed her a rose. His smile soon fell as he eyed the inside of her locker, falling on the two tickets to the homecoming dance on her locker. Renjun had given her the tickets for her to keep safe until the dance.

"Do you have a date for homecoming?" He asked her, pointing to the two tickets. Haewon looked down as she began to blush, awkwardly holding the flower in her hands.

"Yeah." She said, smiling as she put a strand of hair behind her ear. Jeno tried to smile back but failed miserably.

"Oh, who is it?" He asked, voice cracking at the end.

"It's a secret. You'll find out there." Haewon told him as she put the rose away. Jeno nodded, avoiding eye contact. He shuffled between his feet, feeling awkward.

"I'm going to head out first, I'll see you later." Jeno said to her, quickly walking away before Haewon could respond.

From the other side of the hallway, one of the two boys watching was left with his mouth hanging open.

"Told you so." Haechan said to Jaemin, putting his hands in his pockets as he walked towards Haewon.

...

"Did you hear what happened?" Jinah asked Renjun as she sat beside him for lunch. Renjun shook his head.

"No, what happened?" Renjun asked her back, taking a bite of his lunch.

"Jeno wanted to ask Haewon to the dance, but she said she already had a date." Jinah smirked at him.

"Did she say who?" Renjun asked, deciding to play with his best friend.

"No, she said it was a secret." Jinah told him.

"That's unfortunate. I guess I can't ask her to the dance then." Jinah's eyes widened, causing Renjun to stifle a laugh.

"Wait what do you mean?" Jinah exclaimed. Renjun couldn't contain his laughter anymore and a smile escaped onto his lips. Jinah slapped his arm as she realized what he had done.

"I hate you." Jinah said to him. Renjun smiled widely.

"You wouldn't have gotten Haechan as a date without me." Renjun said as he opened a book. Jinah shook her head as she smiled at her friend.

...

Renjun sighed as he pulled into the driveway, a black car already parked beside his. He looked at his phone before getting out of the car.

Mom
Go to your father's for the night. I want the house to myself.

Renjun took his overnight bag out of the car, taking out the keys to his father's house that he shared with his new girlfriend and one of her sons, as the other one was off in college.

Renjun came here every time his mother wanted the house to herself. Renjun always took it as a sign that his mother was getting drunk alone and didn't want her son to see, despite the fact that he saw the empty wine bottles every time he came back. His father's new house was no longer unfamiliar to him.

Renjun unlocked the door, heading inside the house. The son of his father's new girlfriend was sitting on the couch, watching TV when he strolled in.

"You mom kicked you out again?" He asked Renjun.

"Yup." Renjun said, bringing his stuff upstairs. Renjun found himself in this house so often nowadays that the family had given him his own room. Renjun changed out of his school uniform before heading back down, taking a seat beside the other boy.

"Cheer up, buddy." The boy said to Renjun, patting him on the back. Renjun looked at him, smirking.

"You're in a good mood today." Renjun said, taking out his phone as he scrolled through social media.

"You're not reading a book." The boy snapped back at him. Renjun rolled his eyes.

"Don't feel like it." Renjun said to him. The two of them sat in silence for a while. The silence broke when the front door opened.

"Donghyuck, I'm home!" His father's new girlfriend called out.

"Oh, Renjun, I didn't know you were here." She said as she saw Renjun sitting beside her son. Renjun smiled back at her as she greeted the two boys.

"I'm going to make dinner now, Renjun, make sure Donghyuck does his homework." Haechan rolled his eyes as Renjun smirked.

"I don't know why you act like he's older than me when we're the same age, mom." Haechan said as the two boys got up to head upstairs.

———————————————————————————
Okay y'all let me explain a bit if it wasn't clear. So Renjun's dad had an affair with Haechan's mom which is why Renjun's parents separated. So now Renjun's dad lives with Haechan's mom so that's why the two boys have been interacting a lot at school and stuff (because they've become familiar with each other from home stuff).

 So now Renjun's dad lives with Haechan's mom so that's why the two boys have been interacting a lot at school and stuff (because they've become familiar with each other from home stuff)

Sometimes I feel like renjun is lonely in dream cuz nomin and chenji are so close. I know he isnt as close to hyuck as mark is but i still think the two of them are pretty close. Hyuck even mention renjun during one of 127's shows. Anyways :)