Chapter 17

"I guess my secret's out." Haewon said as she stared down at her hands. The two of them sat in the boy's car in the school's parking lot. The boy passed her a tissue.

"It would have came out eventually." Haechan told her, handing her a tissue. Haewon took it, wiping her tears.

"Thanks for standing up for me." Haewon told him, blowing her nose. Haechan shrugged.

"They were causing a commotion. It was annoying." He simply stated. He looked over at her.

"Do you want to come over?" Haechan offered. Haewon looked at him for a moment, thinking before responding.

"Sure."

...

"Is your mom at work?" Haewon said as Haechan gave her a cup of tea. Haechan nodded, looking at the clock that read 4pm.

"She'll be back around 7." He told her. Haewon nodded, taking a sip of tea.

"It's been a while." Haewon pointed, looking around the house. She had spent many days here, ever since she was a child. She smiled as she recalled a memory of her running around the halls, Haechan chasing her as the two of them played tag.

"My mom would be happy to see you." Haechan pointed out.

"I'm sorry." Haewon suddenly said. Haechan looked at her, surprised at the words that slipped out of her lips.

"I.... The popularity and stuff got to my head." She confessed. Haechan walked over to her, stretching his arm over her shoulders.

"I forgive you Haewon, but I think there's other people you should apologize to." Haechan told her. She gave him a look.

"If you mean Renjun, I don't feel sorry. He's the one that made the stupid bet anyways." Haechan smiled, shaking his head.

"Do you even know the full story?" Haechan asked her. Haewon furrowed her eyebrows.

"They did the bet to help each other find courage to ask out to ask out the person they like." Haechan explained while Haewon gave him a confused look. Haechan threw his hands up.

"The boy likes you Haewon!" Haechan exclaimed.

Just then, the front door opened, a happy Renjun strolling in as he fanned the two white envelopes in his hands.

"Lee Donghyuck you can suck it because look what I got today!" Renjun called out entering the kitchen. He froze in his spot as he noticed the girl sitting at the counter. Haewon's eyes jumped from Renjun to Haechan and then back to Renjun. Haechan sighed as he rolled his eyes at Renjun's dramatic entrance.

"I guess you're not the only one with a secret."

...

"Excuse me, what?" Haewon exclaimed. Renjun had changed into a sweater and sweatpants while Haechan explained the situation between Haechan, Renjun and their parents.

The two boys exchanged looks, laughing at the girl's reaction.

"We're like... brothers." Haechan said, pretending to choke up the last word. Renjun flicked his head.

"Don't ever say that again." Renjun said, this time making Haewon laughed. She smiled at the two boys, causing them to stare at her.

"You two are kind of cute." The girl said, disgusted looks spreading on their faces.

"Whatever," Haechan said, picking up the envelopes Renjun had put down. His eyes widened.

"You got accepted to TWO colleges?" Haechan exclaimed, stressing the word. Renjun wore a smug look on his face as he nodded his head.

"Better start studying for exams, don't want to fall too far behind." Renjun said, taking out his notebook and heading to the dinning room, Haechan following. Renjun noticed Haewon's face fall.

"Haewon, come study with us. I'll help you catch up for exams." Renjun offered with a smile. Haewon looked up at him, smiling back as she quickly followed the two boys.

...

"Haewon?" Jinah said as she saw the girl walk into the library. She pulled up a chair, sitting with the three friends. Renjun and Haechan looked up to see the girl.

"Hope you don't mind me joining you guys." Haewon said. They shook their heads. The four of them sat in silence, the three of them with their books while Haechan scrolled his phone.

...

Renjun turned around from his desk, poking Haewon. She looked up from her notes.

"What are you doing today?" Renjun asked her with a smile.

"Probably studying for exams." Haewon told him.

"Do you want to come over to Jinah's house with us?" He asked her. Jinah turned around to face her as well.

"Haechan's coming too! It'll be a big study party." She said to her. Haewon smiled, nodding her head.

"Sure, I'll come."

...

"Renjun, I don't get it." Haewon whined as she looked at the question, clearly stumped. Renjun smiled as he shifted his attention away from his notebook. He grabbed a pen and paper.

"Think of if like a triangle. If you cover this, you have speed over time. If you cover the top part, you have distance multiplied by time. Does that make sense now?" Renjun asked her. Haewon shook her head.

"I don't know how I'm going to catch up, I'm so behind." She said, letting her head fall against the table with a thud. Renjun turned around to make sure Haechan and Jinah were out of earshot.

"Let's make a deal." Renjun whispered to her. Haewon popped her head up, curious as to what he had to say.

"If you do well on your exams, I'll take you on a date." Renjun said, giving the girl a wink.

———————————————————————————

WHAT A CUTIE PIEEEEE