Chapter 20

Haewon was in a good mood today. Maybe it was from her date with Renjun. Maybe it was because they shared their first kiss. Or maybe it was because she was now officially his girlfriend.

Haechan leaned on the lockers, scrolling through his phone with one hand, the other in his pocket. He chucked as he saw Haewon fixing her hair in her mirror. Haewon heard the noise, turning around to face the culprit.

"Where's Renjun?" Haewon asked him face pouting. Haechan shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, probably organizing the library or something, we came in separate cars today." Haechan told her. Haewon sighed, gathering her things for class.

"He's so busy all the time." Haewon said to him as she closed her locker.

"You say that now but when it gets warmer and soccer season starts, you'll be just as busy with cheerleading and we all know it." Haechan told her.

"Yeah I guess." Haewon said, unconvinced. As they entered the classroom, she noticed her new boyfriend, casually sitting at his desk. Renjun smiled as he watched Haewon enter the classroom, but it fell as soon as he saw the disappointment on her face.

"Why didn't you meet me at my locker?" Haewon asked him, getting seated.

"Because, I was getting this for you." Renjun reached into his bag and pulled out a book.

"I finished it last week and returned it, but over the weekend, I kept thinking about how much you would love it so I went and got it first thing." Renjun told her. Haechan pretended to throw up upon hearing his words, causing the Haewon to giggle

"Okay, you're officially forgiven." Haewon said, taking the book, a smile growing on her face. Renjun softly reached his hand out, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Good, you're much prettier when you're smiling." Renjun said before getting up to collect the class's homework.

"God, Jinah, save me from them." Haechan said looking at the girl taking her seat. Jinah simply gave him a smile back.

"Stop being over dramatic." Jinah said, taking her seat.

Suddenly, a hushed silence grew in the room. The only sound was Renjun, stacking the notebooks in his hands. Haewon turned to the door, seeing Jeno and Jaemin walking into the classroom. Whispers quickly began spreading across the room. The two boys kept their heads down, quietly taking their seats.

"You know, I kind of feel bad for them." Haewon whispered to Haechan. The boy scoffed.

"I don't, they were so unreasonable with you." Haechan replied. Before Haewon could say anything back, their teacher had walked into the classroom.

...

"Renjun, I kind of feel bad for Jeno and Jaemin." Haewon said as she turned to face Renjun. Renjun had invited the girl over to study after school. They quickly finished and were now relaxing in his room, lying on top of his bed. Renjun looked up from the book he was reading, taking his glasses off.

"Why do you feel that?" Renjun asked her. Haewon shrugged, lying back down to face the ceiling.

"I don't know, even though they were pretty off when they found out I read, I don't think they deserve the same treatment." She told Renjun. Renjun put his book down, wrapping his arms around her to pull her into a hug.

"I think you should talk to them." Renjun said, placing a small peck on her forehead. "You were all close friends before, so I think it'll be a lot easier on you if you just forgive them."

Haewon smiled as she looked at the boy. Renjun knew the exact words to say to her to make her feel better.

"What would I do without you?" Haewon said, resting her head against his chest.

"But if Jeno tries anything with you, I'm beating him up." Haewon looked up at him, imagining her boyfriend fighting the football captain. Renjun noticed the look of doubt and quickly added to his statement.

"With the help of Haechan." Renjun said with a smile, making the two of them fall into fits of laughter.

...

"Jeno, Jaemin!" Haewon called out, running to catch up with the two boys. They sighed before turning to face the girl.

"Look Haewon, we get that we messed up okay." Jeno said, clearly agitated from the whispers in the hallways. Haewon shook her head.

"No, that's not what I wanted to talk about." Haewon said. The two boys exchanged looks, clearly confused. She took a deep breath.

"I want to forgive both of you. Because I know exactly what it's like to stand in your shoes and it seriously sucks. Plus, you two have been close friends of mine all throughout high school and I don't want that to change." Haewon told them. A slow smile began to spread across their faces, and the next thing you know, Haewon was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"Haewon, we're so sorry for judging you, it wasn't right." Jeno said.

"Yeah, that was dumb of us but we're so glad to have you back." Jaemin added. The happiness was short lived, as the sound of someone clearing their throat from behind them broke their hug.

"Sorry, I just didn't like how you were hugging my girlfriend." Renjun said, hands in his pockets, a habit he picked up from Haechan. As soon as he said "girlfriend," Haewon began to blush as she went over to his side, a devilish smirk appearing on Jeno and Jaemin's faces.

"I see Haewon's all grown up now." Jaemin teased. Haewon simply hid herself behind Renjun, trying to avoid the embarrassment. Renjun simply chuckled.

"Well if you three are done, I wondering if you wanted to join our study session." Renjun offered. Jeno and Jaemin nodded, quickly following the couple.

———————————————————————————

This is going to end soon :/