Chapter 19

Haewon was nervous as she waited for Renjun to pick her up

Haewon was nervous as she waited for Renjun to pick her up. It was Saturday evening, the night Renjun would take her out on their first date. Haewon wasn't sure why she was so nervous. Was it because she had no idea where they were going to go? Or was it because she was finally going on a date with the boy that made butterflies fly in her stomach? Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. She quickly ran to get the door.

"Hyuck?" Haewon said, surprised to see the boy behind the door. Haechan smiled back at her.

"Why do you look so disappointed to see your best friend?" Haechan teased. Haewon tilted her head, clearly confused. Haechan sighed before deciding to explain his presence.

"Renjun asked me to be you chauffeur for today. No questions since he won't let me answer them anyways so don't even try. Oh, and here." Haechan took out a piece of fabric from his pocket.

"You're blindfolding me?" Haewon said, clearly shocked.

"Not my idea." Haechan mumbled under his breath. "Just put it on after you get into the car."

...

Haewon felt the car come to a stop. The blindfold Haechan had given her was tied around her head, covering her eyes. She felt Haechan's presence leaving the car, the sound of the car door closing confirming her suspicions. Soon, she heard her own door opening.

"Hold my hand, I'll guide you." Haechan told her. He grabbed her hand, helping her get out of the car. Haewon felt Haechan guide her up a few steps, through an open door. The feeling was familiar, like she had entered this building many times before. She soon found herself seated at a table, the smell of vanilla filling her nostrils. She felt the blindfold being taken off her head, curiosity filling her as she finally saw her surrounding.

"Renjun." Haewon said softly as she saw the angelic figure sitting across the table. She looked down to see a home-cooked plate of pasta in front of her, a symmetrical set up in front of Renjun. In the middle of the table was vase with a single rose inside, a white candle sitting beside it. She looked around and realized she was inside Renjun and Haechan's house. She smiled as she admired the sights around her.

"I'm going to head over to Jinah's now, you two have fun." Haechan said, smirking at the two as he went off. Haewon turned her attention back to Renjun.

"I hope you like it, I cooked it myself but I'm not sure how good it tastes to be honest. I didn't realize how long it takes to make everything from scratch so I asked Haechan to pick you up, I hope you don't mind. Also, I honestly didn't know where to go for a first date so I thought maybe a home-cooked meal would be nice and simple, especially since my dad and Haechan's mom are away on a business trip, so I hope you don't mind." Renjun blabbered out, clearly nervous. Haewon simply giggled, seeing the boy acting differently from his usual confidence self.

"Renjun, this is perfect." Haewon said to the boy. Renjun felt more at ease from her words, a small smile spreading across his face.

"I'm glad. Let's eat while the food is still hot." Haewon smiled, picking up her fork to begin her meal.

...

"Wow, I didn't know you were so good at cooking." Haewon said, hand over her stomach. Renjun's pasta was clearly made with a lot of effort, the flavour matching perfectly with her taste buds.

"I guess it's just another side hobby of mine." Renjun said with a smile, collecting their plates and utensils to the kitchen. Haewon followed him, helping him clean up and load the dishwasher.

"I have another surprise for you." Renjun said, as he grabbed a box from the counter, handing it to the girl. Haewon looked at Renjun before opening the box, to find a movie dvd inside."

"The Fault in Our Stars." Haewon smiled as she read the movie title.

"Do you remember it?" Renjun asked her. Haewon nodded. How could she forget one of her favourite book suggestions from the boy. Renjun took the dvd box out of her hands, replacing it with his own hand, leading her to the living room where a blanket was neatly folded on the couch waiting for them.

"I hope you don't mind my choice in movie." Renjun said as he put the dvd in. Haewon shook her head, sitting on the couch.

"Honestly, this was one of my favourite books. I don't think you could have made a better selection." She told him, as he took a seat beside her. Haewon shivered slightly from the cold, so she reached out and grabbed the blanket. She tried to put it over both of them but it seemed to be too small.

Renjun reached over, putting his hand on her waist. He pulled her closer to him, her back against his chest in a warm embrace, making her heart skip a beat. She could tell he was feeling it as well, as she felt his heartbeat quicken on her back. She smiled to herself as the blanket now fit over both of them, avoiding his eyes out of shyness.

"Here, all warm and toasty." Renjun whispered into her ear, starting the movie. She took a deep breath before deciding to lean back into his chest, a more comfortable position for the two of them.

...

Renjun passed Haewon a tissue, letting her wipe the tear from her face. He turned the TV off, putting the remote control down on the coffee table before returning to the couch to hold the girl in his arms.

"That was such a good movie." Haewon told him as she pressed a tissue to her face.

"Yeah, it was." Renjun responded resting his chin on her shoulder with a smile.

"Can I ask you a question?" Renjun suddenly asked. Haewon turned around to face the boy.

"What is it?" Haewon asked, concern filling her face as she noticed the smile fade from Renjun's. Renjun took a deep breath, preparing himself for his question.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Haewon felt time pause for a moment as she looked into the eyes of the boy across from her, the question ringing in her head. For a moment, Renjun questioned whether she felt the same way or not.

"You know what, it's okay." Renjun said, breaking eye contact. Before he could get up, Haewon reached her hand out, turning his chin so that he was facing her again. She slowly leaned in, feeling his breath hot on her face. Her eyes shifted from his eyes to her lips. As her face got close to his, she closed her eyes, feeling her lips pressing softly against his. She wrapped her arms around his neck as Renjun wrapped his around her waist, both pulling each other closer as they deepened the kiss. Eventually, they slowly pulled away from each other, out of breath as they maintained their eye contact. Renjun smiled as he pulled her into a deep embrace.

"I'm guessing that's a yes."

———————————————————————————

Their comeback had me dead for a day *cries*