Chapter 13

Haewon smiled as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She had finished her hair and make up for the dance tonight. Butterflies flew in her stomach as she imagined the night with the boy. She looked at the time, noticing Renjun would be coming soon. She turned around, towards the dress hanging on the door before picking it up to get changed.

...

The three boys entered their house to prepare for the dance that night. Renjun and Haechan made their ways upstairs to their rooms while Mark went straight for the kitchen where his mother was.

"Minhyung!" His mother cried, running to embrace her eldest son. Mark hugged her back. As his mother broke the hug, she noticed a serious look on his face.

"Dearie, what's wrong?" She asked him, cupping his face in her hands.

"How long are they staying for?" He questioned bluntly. His mother sighed, taking a seat on a stool by the counter, patting the empty one beside her for Mark. Mark took the seat.

"As long as I love him." She answered him with a smile. She watched as a tear fell down Mark's face.

"Your father wouldn't have wanted you to cry over this." She said, reaching out to wipe the tear. Mark sniffled, grabbing a tissue from the box on the counter.

"Do you still love him?" Mark asked her. She nodded.

"I think about him every day, but I know he wanted us to live a happy life, with or without him. So when I fell in love with Renjun's father, I hesitated before continuing. I thought about it for a long time, but in the end, I knew we were headed in the right direction. Plus, Renjun is a very good boy. He's a good influence for Donghyuck and the two get along very well, which we both know is hard to see. It'll be hard at first but it'll get easier, I promise." She continued, smiling at her son. She got up to give him another warm motherly embrace.

...

Renjun stared at the shirt Haechan had given him to wear, tilting his head.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" He asked the boy sitting on his bed.

"Yeah, Haewon showed me her dress and I promise it's a match. I can show you if you want." Haechan said, proceeding to show him his phone. Renjun quickly covered his eyes, making Haechan giggle.

"I swear to god Haechan, if you show me her dress, I'll show you Jinah's!" Renjun exclaimed, only making Haechan roll off the bed in laughter. Renjun slowly removed his hand, the sight of the boy on the floor making him laugh as well. Haechan got up, moving towards the shared bathroom between their rooms.

"Junnie, how should I part my hair?" Haechan said in a high pitched tone, causing Renjun to roll his eyes.

"Don't call me that!" Renjun yelled at him, smacking him on the butt. Haechan winced in pain. The two boys were laughing when they heard the door to Haechan's room opening.

"What are you two doing?" Mark exclaimed as he saw Renjun holding a spray bottle to Haechan's ear while Haechan held his butt in pain. The two younger boys exchanged looks before falling into fits of laughter.

...

"You two don't look terrible." Mark said to the two boys who were looking at their reflections in the bathroom mirror. Renjun wore a black suit with a white shirt with writing all over it which Haechan wore a purple jacket with a black shirt underneath.