ch3

In 2 years Princess Ciyera adjusted to her new life as a Spanish Princess. She learned Politics, Latin, the Virginals(her "cousin" Mary in England was rumored to be great at Virginals), and more. She had beautiful gowns, and suitors much more refined and better looking than Thomas. She had friends at court, but court was also a harsh place. Not as bad as the court her aunt and cousin were in, she heard. But she kept to herself so she was fine. Emperor Charles took a special interest in her, and made sure she was well taken care of her. She was also made co-Governess of Netherlands with "her elder sister" Mary. Mary was unhappy, and Ciyera was more flexible so she helped. She also took over custody of their nieces, their late "elder sister" Isabella's daughters. This time Mary's determined will was more helpful than Ciyera's flexibility when Charles allowed Christina(11 years old) to consummate her marriage; but Mary managed to postpone the wedding.

Lately Charles had a gleam in his eye. When she entered court one day, and curtsyed that gleam was brighter than ever in Charles' eyes. "Su santa gracia," Ciyera curtsyed deeply.

"Sube querido hermana," Charles said, smiling at her when she rose. "I have fixed your marriage," Charles told her.

Ciyera did a double take. She had escaped a ruthless Europeon and now she would have partner with a noble? Well as a powerful noble's wife, she could definitely teach Culpepper a lesson!

"Aren't you curios as to who I have fixed your marriage with?"-Charles asked, watching her with an amused expression. "I have arranged your marriage with the King of England, for a stong English alliance," Charles said with a big smile. "Take her to get her ready," Charles told Ciyera's ladies in waiting.

Ciyera was led to her chambers, and was numb while they held up gowns. She was bathed then dressed in a fancy purple gown, a jeweled hair circlet in her curly hair braided at the sides, ameythst silver jewelry, a purple headpiece, and purple jeweled slippers. Some face paint was applied to her face, and nails. After rose water was dabbed on her, she was ready.

Charles didn't know what to make of his new sister. His mother was proven crazy so she may not be his sister. But he could not deny her resemblence to his Aunt Katherine, or how her complexion was uniquely tan like his father from the portraits. It was no coincidence. They said his mother lost track of a child when his father died. It must've been the poor child, and she must've ended up in England. It was odd how she never met her cousin Mary, to Charles they were very alike; both emotional and brave.

So after he wrote to his aunt and cousin about her; they proposed an idea. An idea that came to Charles.

My Dear nephew,

My newest niece seems like a gift from God, blessed child. She must be wonderful. Why should we not make a match between her and my nephew, Edward?

Your dearest aunt,

Princess Dowager of Wales, Catalina

My Dear Aunt,

I cannot agree more to the proposal. But will Henry agree to this?

Your dearest cousin, Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor

My dear nephew,

I will urge my stubborn Brother-in-law!

Princess Dowager of Wales,

Catalina

My dearest Aunt,

I shall pray Henry sees our point, and consents.

 Your dearest nephew,

Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor

My dearest Cousin,