Chapter 1

Dangling my legs over the high drop ocean below, laying my hands behind me on the ground as I watched the sun setting, slowly dying down, disappearing into the waves far out. I loved the adrenaline the feeling gave me being so high up on the cliff. This was my favourite place to be, myself, alone. The view has the most amazing scenery you could ever see in your life. It went so well with the sounds of the waves crashing into the rocks below and the cold air blowing on your skin.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breathe in and enjoyed the smells around. Letting the wind brush by my face blowing my long, wavy brown hair back and shake around my little white dress. I opened my eyes again as I exhaled out.

"Alicia, what are you doing up here? Your party is going on without you", my little sister Evie says arms folded.

My sister is my best friend. We really do everything together. Even though she is only fifteen, she is the matures fifteen year old in this town. She pretty much looks like me with her long, wavy brown hair.

"Just taking a break and clearing my head", giving her a small smile.

"Hmm, can I join?"

"I guess", I scooted over so she can sit next to me.

I could definitely tell Evie was not telling me something as she hesitated to speak to me. I turned my head to her, smiled and raised an eyebrow as a way of showing her I'm waiting. She looked at me briefly and giggled to herself.

"Ally nothing really gets by you..." Evie smiles as she reached into her denim pocket and pulled out a box.

"... I wanted to wait till later when everyone left to give you your birthday present, cause I wanted this to be special between us", she continued as she handed over the box.

"Evie you really shouldn't have bothered".

"Yes I did because this isn't just a present for you!".

The box contained a shiny silver round necklace that had a wolf inside howling towards the full moon with a purple gem.

"Oh my god Evie, I love it", I stopped talking to gaze at this beautiful necklace, the gem shined bright at every angle I twirled it in, noticing it had an 'A' engraved on the back. As I became hypnotized by Evie's gift, I did notice she pulled out from her shirt the exact same necklace except hers had a red gem and a 'E' engraved.

"It took me weeks to get these made especially on time for your birthday", Evie smiled.

I reached over and gave her the biggest hug ever, "Thank you so much Evie, at least we will always be closer than we think".

"You're welcome. Now come on, let's go down to the rest of the pack and enjoy your birthday. Oh and... Don't think I don't know why you're really up here...", now standing up, the biggest grin formed on her face as if she's just cracked the code. "... Just because your matured now to mate doesn't mean it has to happen any time soon if you don't want it to!"

"I guess I'm just scared that something can happen now and in some cases I wont have a choice about it. I've only just turned eighteen and I'm already thinking someone's gonna claim me and take me away".

"I know what you mean, but I'm sure father will step in and protect you. As an alpha I think he'll have the final say regarding your 'mate'".

I smiled at her reassurance. "Come lets go finish this show up now, I'm getting tired, help me up".

"See, that's old age already". She said, as she helped me off the ground, I shoved her a little knocking her over slightly to try show what us 'old agers' can still do. We both laughed together as we walked back to our home where my mother and father and most of our pack where in our back yard.

"There's my beautiful girls", my mother yelled putting down a tray off sausages that's freshly came off the barbeque. Our senses our so strong that the smell over powered me and Evie even when we were up on the cliff. "So where have you two been then?" mother asked.

"Just at the cliff mother, we just wanted to see the sunset. It was beautiful", I said as my sister nodded along to my explanation.

"Alright well dig in, this is the last serving of tonight as the little ones are getting very tired", my mother said.

My mother is a very beautiful woman, my father is very protective of her. It's very romantic after twenty years together with two daughters, they still act like love sick puppies.

Another hour or so passed by and our neighbourhood pack were eventually leaving. I said my quick goodbyes and ran inside the house, up to my room and threw myself on my bed with a huge sigh of relief that this day has came and gone.

I think my father is easing round to me finding my mate. He doesn't have a son to carry on the alpha leadership of the Monsoon pack, and relying on me to find my mate and he may take over my father's position, he wouldn't mind that as that's leaving me as a luna in my own pack. My father is probably one of the oldest alphas around as usually alphas step down from their positions when they feel their son is ready to become alpha. Most of them out there are only in their twenties while my father stands at thirty eight years old, I feel bad for him because he can't stand down from alpha position as he hasn't got anyone to hand it down to until I am with another.

I got sucked into my own thoughts as my father came into my room. "Alicia, don't feel too pressured now, about finding your mate. It will happen when it's ready too".

I rarely see this soft side to him, he's always so demanding and in control and even though he is my father, he's also my alpha that you respect and obey. He seemed like a father at this moment, giving his little girl advice.

"Ok Alicia, I'll leave you to rest. I'm running early tomorrow with Tim and a few other men, so I will see you when I get back".

"Goodnight, love you", I called out before he left my room.

"Sweet dreams Alicia, I love you too my dear daughter".

--------------------