Chapter 13

I was nearly at Cadenville. I can't believe I've ran for 2 days straight with only resting for a couple minutes then taking off again. A minute doesn't go by that I'm not thinking about my Robbie. I have cried for him in these past couple days. My heart aches and my wolf ache for him, I miss him so much!

My wolf was totally drained from the running I made her do. But I hope it was going to be worth it.

I approached a sign saying 'welcome to Cadenville'. It all seems real now that somewhere near is Travis, the traitor I thought I would never want to see again. I started running through the woods. It was so cold that I could literally see my breathe as I exhaled and light snow was falling.

After only a few minutes jogging through the woods, I immediately picked up Travis's scent close by, the scent I haven't smelt in nearly a year since he helped kill my pack. I tried to tell myself the only business I have with him and the only reason I'm here is to see what he knows about Evie. If he lied about not knowing anything... I will kill him on the spot for wasting my time and making me leave my probably broken hearted mate.

Over at a cliff looking over this small town there he was, standing with his back to me in his human looking down at buildings, homes and humans. Travis hasn't changed at all. Still shaggy fair hair and muscly. I remember I used to love how muscly he was but compared to Robbie, he was a stick figure. I actually felt really sick in his presence. It took all my control to stop myself from taking him out.

I growled to get his attention. He spun around and half smiled at me. To which I growled louder as I walked towards a nearby tree and shifted, changing into a pair of jeans, black boots, a black top and leather jacket. Yeah I was a little cold but thankfully my wolf blood was keeping me warm enough and to be honest, I wasn't really caring about my temperature, I was too angry to think about anything.

I emerged from the tree with my bag in my hand as I stared him down.

"Ally, you look amazing. Look, I just want to start off with saying I'm sor..."

"NO!" I basically shouted cutting him off. "I'm here for one thing Travis and that's to find out if you really know something about Evie. So go ahead then". I said folding my arms giving him the coldest look ever. I wasn't exactly going to offer to have a cup of coffee and catch up, fuck no! This guy betrayed me and it resulted in a horrible disaster.

"Ally, I'm sorry. I didn't want that to happen. He lied to me and told me it was only your dad and no one else he wanted". Travis said with sadness.

Maybe he was right? Maybe he really didn't know. But even if he didn't, what's done is done and it's because of him. I want him to live with that for the rest of his life.

"He? Don't talk to me about him Travis..." I hissed at him with sharp eyes. Travis mentioning his alpha made me sick. "...I'm not staying here long. Tell me now where's Evie?" I said in a demanding tone. God if I wasn't me right now I would feel a little intimidated.

Travis suddenly looked everywhere but my eyes. He was hesitating a little before he eventually spoke. "Ally I really thought you deserved to know this, in person... Evie.. Evie died 8 months ago".

I froze on the spot like a statue as my eyes sprung open at him. I parted my lips as I created an 'O' shape with my mouth. No, not my little sister! All this time, the whole time looking for her she was dead. No no no no no!!! Why me? Why did my only hope of still having my family with me get taken away from me? Why her? She's only a kid!

"W-what? How? Why?" I whispered to Travis as my bronze face turned white.

"I'm sorry Ally. My alpha went back to your pack and found her. He kept her for about 4 weeks to try lower you in to him but he had no idea where you even went so he ordered her to be killed". Travis didn't look at me, just had his eyes on the floor.