Chapter 2

I woke up to the sounds of growling outside my window. I could tell it was Tim, Beta of the Monsoons and my father's best friend. Tim was thirty five years old and has no intention to stepping down from his beta position as he always has my father's back.

Tim does have a son which eventually will take over his position when he's ready to give it to him. His son Harry is only thirteen and has now only started training his wolf to fight. Usually a male would start his sons training to fight for their pack at a more younger age, but Tim wasn't that strict with him, none of my pack where very strict on their children as we weren't warriors and a threat to anyone. It was very mellow and we all got along well and cared about each other, we were a tight unit just living a life in a small town with humans. Rarely any rogues invaded our territory as we have no enemies with any other pack of wolves.

I threw my covers off me as I walked over to my window with the sun shining through my curtains. I looked down and saw Tim was in his wolf, a very large dark brown colour wolf. He was growling low to smaller ones.

After a moment they broke there gazes at each other and the wolves started running through the woods. Tim on the other hand walked round to the front of my house. I tried to keep my eyes on the wolves running through the woods to see what was going on and why they were running so fast like that but they started to run more into the deep trees and pushes until I couldn't see them anymore.

"... So Sarah and Eliza asked if we wanna go into town with them for a little while, you fancy going?" Evie asked breaking my thoughts.

"Umm... Sure, I'll meet you downstairs"

"Cool!"

***

Walking into each clothing shop the four of us where smiling and laughing together as we looked through railings of gorgeous clothes. I loved our friends Sarah and Eliza, we were all like a female mini pack. Well, that's what we did call ourselves when we were around eight.

"Ok, these dresses and these shoes are leaving this store with me right now", Eliza stated as if money wasn't an issue. Well, money definitely wasn't. As wolves our fathers, their fathers and so on always saved a very good amount of money away for future generations. Wolves don't spend money on simple things to what humans would as we build our own homes on separate areas of land, away from the town full of humans. We only get a certain degree of an education in public schools as we then get taken out and learn from our pack for the rest of our days. So for this day in age, we are very thankful for our past wolves handing down heritage.

"Ok guys, let's finish up here and head to the cafe for food I'm starving", Evie says as she grabs her belly trying to stop it from growling.

We sat at a table eating our meals when all of a sudden an urgent call in my head came from my father.

I turned to look at Evie, as did hers. I knew Evie felt what I just did. She looked petrified.

"What's wrong with you two?" Sarah asked confusingly.

"Are you ok?" followed Eliza with the same expression.

"Our fathers calling, we have to go, you guys better go home and stay there something's wrong", The girls looked worried but didn't question it. They followed mine and Evie's actions and the four of us where speed out the mall.

We started to walk towards the woods, once we were deep amongst the trees and bushes is when I thought it would be save to shift.

"Come on guys, shift so we can get home quicker. Evie will call you both later to let you know what's going on". I demanded as I was getting worried, I didn't want to let on to Evie I was. I thought back to the way Tim was this morning, is it connect? Something wasn't right. Nothing happens around here. What's going on!?