Chapter 3

I woke up with my sister groaning beside me in her sleep. Evie sometimes has bad dreams, not all the time, just occasionally and when she wakes through the night, she will come in and sleep next to me in my double bed. I don’t mind when she does. If anything, I like her being so near to me. She beats a mate any day.

"Evie, wake up your having a bad dream", I said as I shook her, wanting her to come back to reality.

"Ugh, Ally I hate these stupid dreams". She said as she sat up rubbing her eyes.

"Don’t worry you'll grow out of them".

At that moment, Eliza's voice came into my head.

‘Ally, Evie, do you guys wanna go to the lake? Some of us are going just for a bit of fun...’ I was already thinking about declining as I maybe wanted to spend today with my mother, but my decision soon changed when her next words took my interest. ‘...the new guy Travis is coming, he’s already made friends with most of the guys in the pack and there all going’.

It put a smile on my face knowing he’s already fitting in and making friends. The guys around my age in the pack are a laugh, there in training to protect our pack in the future but we all occasionally get together to have fun.

Before I could say anything back, Evie already spoke for me as she got the same message from Eliza.

‘Sure we'll be there’. She head into her head as I head her message also. She was getting up from my bed, stretching out her body.

‘Great! Sarah and I will meet you guys in an hour at the lake. The guys will no doubt be there already. See you soon’. At that Eliza ended her message through our mind links and Evie left my room to go get ready. I copied her actions when I got up and stretched my body and looked out my window. The sun was beaming down with hardly any clouds in the sky. This was unusual as our town wasn’t that known to have good weather, and in February! No wonder some of the younger pack members wanted to make the most of it.

I showered quickly and just left my hair to dry itself, as it was bound to get wet again if I was going to be swimming in the lake. I put on my orange bikini set then pulled a white strapless dress over me to cover myself up before I got out there, also so my father wouldn't disapprove of me leaving the house practically naked. I through some sunglasses over my head and slipped on some flip-flops and left my room heading towards Evie’s to fetch her. I gave her door a knock before I opened it slowly. She was just about ready with her black bikini set on and white shorts over them and a blue and white checked shirt tied at the front, exposing her navel. I hoped she would get away with what she was wearing to father. Which I highly doubted.

"Ok, I'm ready let’s get out of here", she almost sounded just as eager as I felt. But I knew she was ready to have fun and splash around.

We walked to the lake together. It only takes 10 minutes to get there. We both chatted and laughed about father’s reaction to our choice of clothing. Well, Evie’s more than mine but mother came to our rescue to try and get him to understand we’re going to a lake to swim and not just wanting to walk around town like this. He gave into us with my mother’s help and out the door we went practically running before he had a chance to change his mind.

We knew we were nearly there as we could hear laughing from the boys and water splashing, also because we could smell every one of our friends. Someone even brought there portable stereo and music was blasting out. Just over a slight hill Evie and I looked down to see the open lake with half of everyone in it and half of everone on the shore. Girls where standing about talking, some people where playing games in the grass and then we spotted Sarah and Eliza, lying on the grass next to the water in their bikinis sunbathing!