Chapter 4

"Travis what the hell? Where have you been?” I practically squealed at him shrugging my shoulders.

"Wow, calm down Ally, I'm sorry if I worried you, I just wanted to get away for a bit on my own. Didn’t realise how far I ran until I tried to run it back", he grinned.

I still looked pissed off, folding my arms as I furrowed my eyebrows. He came closer and hugged me. "I'm really sorry, don’t be like that with me, please forgive me?", he tried to plead with me as he held my shoulders.

"Promise me you'll never do that again without someone knowing, god your own roommate started to get worried. You just disappeared for 2 days".

"Ok, I promise I won’t do that again. Let’s drop it please? I'm back now...” All I could do was give him a nod but still glare at him. He kissed my forehead then took my hand. "...come on, it’s getting late, let me walk you home".

As we started to walk I couldn't hold in my sarcasm. "Sure, but are you going to still be here tomorrow? Or are you just going to be gone again and not return for another couple days?".

He turned to me as we were still walking. "Ally, I promise I'm still going to be here tomorrow...”. He said smiling and turned back around to guide us. "I'm definitely going to be here tomorrow". He said to himself which I found strange. Or was he saying that to me again? I can’t be too sure.

***

I woke up with Evie next to me again. I felt like being a little lazy as I glanced out my window and it was dull looking outside and I could hear the rain hitting off the ground. I twisted round to face her, lying there studying her features and watching her sleep. She was already turning into such a young woman. I gazed at her for only about 10 minutes before she started to wake up. She noticed me watching her and smiled. I smiled back as she twisted her body round to face me. "What’s wrong Ally? Why were you watching me sleep?” she asked raising one eyebrow.

"Its horrible outside, so I don’t feel like getting up just yet, so the only other thing to do was watch you".

"You weirdo", she laughed.

We lay there for a while, still facing each other having a little girly chat. We decided tonight we shall have a girly night in, just us and mother, with a DVD and popcorn. We tried to debate which movie to watch but then a voice came into my mind.

‘Ally, are you home? I'm outside come see me’.

I got up and threw on my white cardigan over my pyjama shorts and vest top. "Evie I'm going outside for a sec, Travis is there". I said to her letting her know why I suddenly got up and heading for my door.

"Oh is that lover boy? Finally he appears. Tell him I'm gonna kick his ass for disappearing", Evie called out, I just laughed at her outburst.

Opening my front door I went out to stand on the porch. The porch was quite big and was covered from above with a spare room we have, so rain couldn’t get near me. I walked towards the steps leading down but stayed at the top while Travis stayed at the bottom in the rain. I would have told him to come stand up in the porch with me but my father wouldn't like that, even though Travis was part of the pack, my father’s men were the only males aloud to enter our house, only if it was to reach my father.

"You smell like a wet dog", I teased.

"Very funny, so what’s your plans tonight?"

"I think me, Evie and my mother are having a girly night. Too wet to go anywhere, what are you doing?”

"Just hanging out, your dad going to be here?”

"Uhh, I'm not sure. Maybe". I said wondering why he’s asking what my father’s up to.