Chapter 5

I started placing a bunch of stones and rocks together outside my house, putting them in a shape of a heart. Then carved into the biggest rock with my pocket knife I had in my backpack...

'Loving memory of Alistair Bay & Diana Bay, Father & Mother.

Will be missed dearly by their daughters

Rest peacefully Monsoon Pack'

I placed as many flowers as I could find which weren't many after the destruction and placed them around their stone. I sat for a few minutes just thinking about them. I felt my eyes burning as I haven't stopped letting the tears fall down my face since falling asleep crying and waking up crying. I sniffed as I got to my feet, pulling my backpack over my shoulder. It was time for me to move on alone. I backed away from my mother and fathers stones just as I kissed my hand and held it out to them. I turned to walk through the woods, ready to leave my destroyed pack behind. I glanced over my shoulder to stare at my house, my poorly broken house and let a silent sod escape my mouth as I knew I wouldn't be seeing this place again.

I had no idea where I was going, I just knew I had to move on. I wasn't a pack member anymore, the Monsoons don’t exist now. They shall only exist in my memory, and that it was led by a great Alpha and Luna. I began to walk towards the meeting point. Knowing very well I wasn't going to meet my mother or father there, but maybe Evie found it. I was only giving my mind hope. As even if Evie did find it she has no idea what it looks like and was relying on me to get us there. Father showed me the place once, that’s how I found it easily, but he didn’t show Evie, she has no idea where it is.

I got there in about 5 hours as I was in my human form walking. Running in my wolf got me there just over an hour. There was no sign of her. I couldn't pick up her scent. I can tell she never crossed this area. Wherever Evie was, she was far away now, completely lost. Even if I had the energy to go and find her, I wouldn't get anywhere, wouldn't know which direction to take, Evie was long gone. I didn’t know what to do with myself. I was beyond grieving for many deaths of everyone in my life, my mind wasn't focusing on anything.

I travelled as a human across the woods, making sure I wasn't crossing any territories. If I trespassed onto any land, I instantly would become a threat and Alphas have permission to rip you to shreds. I've never been outside my land before, this was all new to me, I was a new unmated female rogue and I was scared.

***

Months passed by, and I was still alone. I slept under rocks and caves, mostly in my wolf as she could hold heat a lot better and so I could keep alert of things. Who would have thought Travis' bullshit story actually became my reality. I'm still ashamed of myself for trusting him. Some things didn’t seem right about him, but I brushed it off my shoulder instead of telling my father my thoughts. This could have been avoided, who knows. What’s done is done now.

I ran in wolf most of the time through the woods, just in case I caught Evie's scent. I haven't come across any wolves yet, thank god! I just hope I still don’t for a while, as I feel I'm still mourning of my loss. Not just my parents, but for my pack, and Evie even though I'm not sure if she’s dead or alive. She should be alive though, who would kill her? She’s a little fifteen year old kid, she isn’t a threat to anyone. It’s me I'm worried about though... I'm eighteen and unmated. Any male can claim me for his, and that scares me to death. At this point, I wish I could have an option, to either choose a mate or my family for life. Family hands down, screw a mate, I need my family, or at least just Evie.

Passing small human towns, making sure its unmarked territories. I walked by in my human form to mix in with civilians. I sometimes even stay in motels just to have a good night’s sleep in a bed. But nothing takes the nightmares away from my mind, and images of everyone dead. It haunts my memory every second in the day, reminding me this is all my fault.