A dog and a gun

As we sped on down the road it seem med most streets were fine and then you would have streets where you could see people running away from fumbling undead. Whatever the cdc was joking about when they made that web page isn't a joke anymore. It looks like this is just the beginning. We arrived at her house with no undead close by we quickly dashed in and locked the door. She went to her dogs kennel and let the beautiful German Sheppard out of its confines. when I looked around the small one story house I found that it was covered in hunting camouflage and even some deer antlers mounted the walls. The dog was obedient and required little attention but she showered with love before she headed to her room. 

" Is it friendly?" 

" Her name is Kira, and if you sit down and let her sniff you she should be just fine." 

" Also, not to be rude, but I forgot your name." 

" It's all right I did sorta spring this whole come-with-me-if-you-want-to-live thing quick. My names Pam. I had heard nurses screaming and when I saw that my next patient was an emancipated seventeen year old I knew you needed help. Whether it was just a week, a day, or hell, even months I knew that as your doctor I needed to give it to you, and obviously it's not like I'm missing anyone. I have no kids or husbands to come back to. I guess we're alike in that manner, unless you do have someone in mind?" she trailed off. 

She came back with two duffel bags. One empty and the other of clothes with a Bible on top. the leather was fresh and her acoustic was attached to her back. That however was not looking as new as the Bible. With a scathed pick guard you could tell she had played for at least ten years. I got so lost in thought I almost forgot to answer. 

" No, I don't have family that wants to talk to me. There is indeed a reason that I'm emancipated. And no, I'm yet to find a man worth worrying about. So, yes. You and I are quite a bit alike... You play often?" 

I asked after she stocked the rest of the food into the bags. 

" All the time." She replied. " Now, where do you live? We won't wear the same size forever, seeing as you are about to become a macy's day float." She chuckled. 

We looked outside and saw two undead walking down the street intersecting with ours. 

" Op. almost forgot the guns. Can you shoot? Well, actually the recoil is a bit much on you. Maybe a small pistol?" She said as she looked at her gun case. As she handed me the gun we heard groans and the front door rattled. 

" Looks like we're gunna have to go." She mumbled. 

"But I don't know ho-" 

She gave me a stern finger to the lip and a serious but inadvertently mean look. 

We did a quick survey of the back yard, no one was in it and only a picket fence and a couple feet separated us from the car. We made a dash and she stopped before the picket fence, killing the two zombies from earlier with my pistol and as we got in the car the one at the door came at us, only missing Pam by a millisecond, crashing into door.