In and out

As I woke, I began to become disgusted, because the warm bed I felt at first was just a cool puddle of sweat. My hair had been pushed to the side, so my hair was dry, but my back was covered. My dream of kissing Daryl was not easily forgotten, but was clearly not reality I assured myself as I felt my body have to force in air to breathe. I slowly sat up, and felt my head begin to swim... Wow, I'm so nauseous...I began to look around. DEAr God I'M NAKed! The gray walls, the odd flowery blankets covering me, and the worried Pam sitting nearby insinuated hospital, but Daryl sleeping on the balcony insisted that I was in the guard tower. I looked at him, and the sunlight his skin was drinking was intoxicating, this mid morning sun was bringing out the texture of his short hair. Before I could continue to enjoy him, my guts tried to come back up and I pushed them down. As my stomach acid ate at my throat-I kept trying to keep my food down, I couldn't help but clench my hands into fists.  

"I see you still feel nauseous. I'm sorry... Well, we're taking the prison today. We're going to have to move you, and I will get Carol to help get in there after we're done." She grimaced as she took my vitals. 

I suddenly felt even more nauseous.  

"Here drink this." She commanded.  

As I drank some from the water bottle, I realized it was so heavy, and my eye lids were even heavier. 

"You should sleep. When you wake up, just get dressed if you feel strong enough. Keep drinking the water." Her demands continued. 

"Okay," I murmured, "If I feel well enough to walk myself, can I?" 

"Don't joke." She said with a face that scared the living shit out of me. 

I just sighed. I laid down and went back to sleep. Daryl was probably still pissed at me. I let darkness engulf me quickly. Maybe I could dream of kissing Daryl again.... 

My body was shook gently till' I awoke. Carol didn't say anything, but handed me a small pile of clothes and sat on the steps looking away. Morning turned to afternoon, and my strength was coming back. I put the black top on and realized I had sweat so much my shirt clung to me. I got to my feet and got stumbled to put the jeans on in silence. I flipped the button part inside so that it would be comfortable. The baby kicked and I smiled. I sighed, relieved. Everything is gunna be alright. 

I sneaked my .22 in my jeans and hobbled to the stairs. Carol nodded and took my forearm. She grimaced as we left the tower, and I did the same. This is not what either of us wanted. 

After a brief, but forever awkward walk to the fence I saw they weren't yet done clearing out the place. Carol rushed in the gate with her crowbar and I stayed behind, leaning on the fence. Fear was rising as I reached for my .22 whatever noise was going on attracted walkers, who were swiftly finding their way to me. A weak, yet rewarding two for one snack. My blood pressure was rising, and I began looking for a way out. Can't run. Can't climb the fence. Can't shoot or more will come. Everyone's in the facility. Screaming for help is useless. The walkers were 12 feet away now. Where's my knife when I need it? 

I look to the ground for answers. A walker body they missed lay decomposed and rotted. I firmly grasp his arm and pull with a twist. The marrow gives after some elbow grease. I try to ignore the smell and brace myself the walkers were 5 feet away. I counted ten undead and started plotting my battle plan.