Hunting for answers

*From Daryls pov* 

I woke up and got dressed for my hunt. My light weight gear and refreshingly clean clothes made all the difference. I just wish I could find a patch for my jeans. I never can keep knees in 'em. I grabbed my crossbow and arrows on my back and began to walk down the hallway. I crossed crazies door on the way to the stairs. So not looking forward to her appearance screwing with my hunt. She would be cute if she didn't look at me like I would kill her at any minute or vice versa. 

I made my way down to the kitchen, hunting requires patience. Patience you don't have when hungry. I finally got to the edge of the woods to unusually focused crazy, and as usual, from what I've seen, a calm and collected Pam.

"Good morning Daryl!" Pam beamed.  

"Morning. Like I said, don't fuck my hunt and I don't have a problem." 

"Let's go already." Crazy said.

I'm already sick of her shit. Assuming she knows me. What an ass... She and Pam walk in front of me and I look everywhere but her. I try at least.  

I look for a climbable tree and climb till' I can see the best catches. I can hear Pam teaching her quietly and I check for walkers the best I can... None. Forty minutes pass as I methodically go through all of my checklists while hunting and manage to kill 3 squirrels and mortally wound a rabbit. I put it out of it's misery quick. There's been too much of that here of late. I need to round them up and leave. Their constant chatter is annoying. I need silence. Tranquility. My own form of solace. I couldn't enjoy the beauty of the nature. The continual order of nature that my world has always lacked.

" Let's go." I say after I jump down. 

" Alright. Would you mind helping her learn to skin animals?" Pam asked nicely once we were out of the woods 

"Awh, what the hell. I didn't ask for this." 

"Please? I'll repay you for it one day." 

"Only 'cause I hate wastin' the time. You have to promise to do it to all of my kill after this." I said lookin' at crazy dead in the eye. Only she didn't look crazy she looked scared. That pissed me off even more. I could see her getting angry too, but she didn't argue... What's she so eager to learn for? Skinning animals isn't exactly a woman's favorite pass time.

We sat down and she sat across the fire from me. I didn't want her any closer until I realized that she didn't learn the first damn time. I scooted to her log and repeated my demonstration. 

She did it in exact replica. As she did, I had some questions. 

"Why do you wanna learn all this anyway?" 

"Isn't it obvious? I'm useless. I need to get helpful in some way." 

"That's cool with me I guess..." I trailed off quite surprised. 

"I'm done." 

"Good." I said inspecting the perfectly skinned rodent. Then I taught her to do half of the rabbit and let her do the other half. 

While she finished I took advantage of her talkative mood. 

" Why do you look at me like I killed your cat or something." I demanded finally. It truly bothered me. 

"Because I'm waiting till' I know how to skin human." She joked..... She... Joked? 

I laughed hard. So hard tears welled up. She was certainly not the killer she would want me to believe. I took the rest of the skinned rabbit and refused to pry further. Maybe I should start calling her Killer.