Chapter Four

***

It was finally nighttime, a time for rest. Yet in this world, it's the time where demons lurk in the shadows.

She had already read the diary contents. And that made everything clearer in her perspective.

First, she was the reincarnation of the woman.

Second, she needed to finish a mission to get back into her world.

And that is to give a happy ending on the love that was broken.

Fortunately, the man she ought to sway was named Tomioka Giyu. And she was sure that the name already hints that the man would be cold, frigid, aloof, and calculating. From what she knows, the man is the water pillar after all.

Ah yes, she would be meeting the other pillars tomorrow to help her remember as she requested.

Sighing she flopped back down to her bed. What has she got herself into? Will she really enjoy this little runaway?

***

"Shinobu-sama! The pillars are here!" Aoi called out to her as she made her way towards the room.

As she opened the door she was greeted by a warm hug from a woman with pink and green hair tied in braids.

"Shinobu!! Are you okay?" The woman cried out to her hugging her tightly.

"Yes, I just seem to lost my memories." She replied to her trying to break out of the woman's grip.

"I was worried sick! But now you won't remember us? No! I refuse to accept that!" The woman then threw a tantrum, stomping her feet, and swinging her arms.

Really, were people back then really this weird?

Sighing she tried to calm the girl down, "It's okay, I may be able to remember after a few weeks. Do not fret." She explained and the woman slowly let go of her grip.

"Well, how can we help you remember Shinobu-san?" The guy with bright yellow hair asked her.

She then smiled, "I suppose you could all start by introducing yourselves." She said. Fairly, she didn't really need to know the others but it will be necessary for camaraderie if they team up for a mission.

Speaking of mission, she wasn't sure how but she has knowledge about how to handle a katana and how to use it, she even knows how to use a breathing technique. So fighting with demons was not a problem, for now that is.

She still didn't know how the past Shinobu died. So she can't avoid that, and what's more is that she has to sweep Tomioka Giyuu off his feet.

"I'll start then! My name is Kyojuro Rengoku! I'm the flame hashira! I look forward to your recovery!" She just smiled at him, he's probably the easiest one to get along with.

And the next thing she knew a man was standing on the table swinging blades and announced, "I'm the sound hashira! Tengen Uzui! I gave off a flamboyant entrance didn't I?" Ah. He's probably the most conceited, try to strike a conversation with him and all he will only talk about is how fabulous he is.

"Ugh shut your mouth. You don't have the skills to pay the bills." Well nice, a total asshole.

"I'm the wind hashira. I'm Sanemi Shinaguzawa. We don't even speak with each other so I will not be of any help. I'm just gonna leave I'm done with this petty introduction thing." He's an asshole who would probably kill you if he need to. Scratch that, he will even kill you if you get on his nerves.

"Don't mind him Shinobu. I am the stone hashira, Gyomei Himejima. Pleased to make your acquaintance." He might be the strongest among them all but will always be humble.

"The pleasure is all mine." She replied.

"Oh! Me next! Me next! I want to be next!" The woman that hugged her earlier exclaimed, raising her hands like she's in class.

Shinobu just smiled and mentioned for her to continue.

"Uhm. I'm the love hashira, Mitsuri Kanjori. I just want to say I love you Shinobu so please remember!" The girl exclaimed blushing madly.

Considering her nature, she must be the type that loves everyone. Shinobu then felt a deadly gaze lingering straight to her head.

"I'm the serpent hashira, Obanai Iguro." My, my. So he's intrested in the love pillar? What a nice information that can be used in the future.

He's undoubtedly the type to look at Mitsuru as a goddess and look at everyone else like human waste.

Everyone was now looking at Giyu. Who was still not speaking up. Was the man she need to charm mute? Or dumb? Or perhaps both.

Giyu sighed, "Tomioka Giyu. Water Hashira." And with that he left.

He is certainly a man of few words. And if she would talk to him, he would just continue on as if she isn't there at all.

Looks like Project: Capture Tomioka Giyu's Heart will be harder than what she bargained for.

***

Author's Note:

I'm slowly losing ideas for this fic, my pitiful brain is not working again. Suggestions and ideas would really be helpful at this point, thank you!