Chapter Six

***

"Tomioka-san the stars are bright tonight aren't they?"

"Tomioka-san why do you wear a mismatched haori?"

"Tomioka-san you do know that the reason people don't like you is because you're an ass."

"Tomioka-san why do you look like a walking doll?"

"Oh well you're either a Ken doll or Anabelle."

That made Tomioka look at her. Shit. The movie anabelle wasn't released in this time period yes? And neither a Ken doll. She messed up.

The growing pressure of knowing that Tomioka Giyu might uncover the truth that she is not the Shinobu of this universe and time period, and his dark eyes piercing her own purple ones was enough to make her want to surrender.

He opened his mouth to said something but decided not to anyways. Making her sigh in relief. For now he has his suspicions, and she won't ever mess up again.

She decided to shut her mouth for now, letting silence fall in between them.

***

For Tomioka Giyu the sense of peace contains with four words and a sentence; not his fucking problem. If Shinobu Kochou continues to blabber on about something, he would put up with it. If she insisted nobody likes him, then okay.

He doesn't care anyways.

But he atleast wished she would shut her mouth. He had wished for an angel, the nicest angel. And what did he get? Hell's nicest demon instead. He was so sure that she was the human version of headache itself. How nice.

Looks like the heavens finally granted his wish as the insect pillar was now dead quiet beside him. They are still on the way to kill the demon and they can't stop for a single slow step for lives can be lost with one.

After a few more steps and leaps they had finally made it to the village.

"My, my. I should go fish out information, wait for me here Tomioka-san." She said and then already went, not bothering to wait for his reply. If he would even give any.

***

"Ah yes. There are some reports of missing people near the well. I suggest for you to look there." The elderly woman said as Shinobu gave a curt nod and gratitude before walking away and heading back to her partner.

"It seems as though there are disappearances in the well. We should start there." She said to him as they went on with the mission.

They finally arrived at the well the woman was talking about. It smelled rotten and was mixed with the scent of dried blood, causing them to pinch their nose at the stench.

Cursing, they both decided to take a decent look when they both fell, the ground dropping them of to approximately ten feet high.

They both fell, their bodies colliding due to the unexpected impact and the trap crashing on them.

Great, they are in a ten feet hole under the ground, the demon has now possibly killed a few humans, and they are now stuck with no way out.

***

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating yesterday, anyways, thank you for reading and wait for the next chapters!