Chapter Nine

***

She shouldn't have let Mitsuri ran away. Now sitting with Iguro and Tomioka with an awkward silence in the ambiance, regret was the only thing she could feel.

She should have tied Mitsuri to the table if she knew this would happen.

Clearing her throat, "So what brings you here Tomioka-san?" She asked, not bothering to look at him.

"I have wounds." So I need you to heal me. Yes, that was probably the hidden meaning behind his words. But still she won't budge until he says that he needs her to heal him!

"So?" She asked not even making the effort to mask the provocation in her tone.

"You're a medic. You heal us demon slayers." He replied also not making the effort to look at her.

"Maybe if you'd kneel and beg I'd be happy to help you!" She said smirking at the water pillar.

"Stop. Your inner demon is showing." Iguro stated.

"Yeah. And your opinion not taken." She retorted.

"Great thanks."

And it was back with the awkward tension again. This might be the longest tea time in her life, oh well. It was fine.

"Please head to the infirmary of the Butterfly Estate. I will gladly treat your wounds." She said before getting up.

It was fine living in this world. Because in this parallel universe she has a purpose to keep living. To heal the injured, to take away their physical pain, to make people keep smiling. Her existence in not meaningless.

She can continue to pursue new dreams. She had found a new reason to fight, to once again never give up.

She has found a temporary home. And even though it's written in destiny that she will lose this all, she still has a hold of her future. She can change the ending by changing her choices.

Shinobu Kochou will have her happy ending and that will be set in stone.

***