Chapter 9: Defeating the Jack

When the smoke had cleared everyone was watching in anticipation. There was a figure laying on the gromd and another was standing up straight.
Everyone squinted their eyes to get a good view. The person standing up straight was Elia, while Blyke was laying on the floor.

One minute ago.
Blyke smiled with pride as he fired the beam at Elia's undefended back. He was sure of his victory, however just as his attack was about to conncect, his hopes of victory were dashed.
A dozen of ice swords materialized. Two of them formed a cross to protect Elia's back while the rest rained down upon Blyke in an instant. Blyke could not do anything but shiver in fear. He felt his knees weakened as he dropped on the floor
"She was holding back?" His eyes widened as he realized this fact. He was so confident, the plan was flawless even more so on his last minute improvisation. However....
In face of absolute strength, all sorts of trickery were useless. {1}
He closed his eyes as he accepted his defeat.

{1} : Quote from reincarnation of the strongest sword god, my fav novel. Hehe.

Everyone's eyes widened, they could not accept this fact. The Jack of Wellston, the number 1 turf wars was actually defeated. Isen and Remi was watching the fallen Blyke with disbelief. Isen knew Blyke's abilities well, under such bombardment even Remi would fall, not to mention he had also saw what Blyke had done by using his ability when the smoke covered the Arena.
Blyke had fired beams at the ground around Elia to create the smoke screen. He then used his beams to power himself to move faster to cover the long distance between him and Elia and dashed behind Elia without making a sound, ambushing Elia.
But what he saw after was even more shocking, he had seen Elia summon a dozen of swords to attack Blyke while protecting herself.
"Isen, what did you see?" Remi asked, trying to maintain her calm tone.
"She's too powerful, she was holding back the whole time." Isen replied.
"What?" Remi couldn't believe what she had heard but knowing Isen it was unlike him to joke around now. She looked at the silver haired figure in the arena with curiousity.

"I lost." Blyke coughed while looking up in the sky.
"Yep you did. But that was a really fun battle!" Elia sat beside Blyke.
"Fun?" Blyke choked when he heard that. "You could've ended that from the start!"
"Of course, but that wouldn't be fun." Elia replied.
"Well, It was pretty fun." Blyke blushed feeling embarassed then he blacked out.