Chapter 22: a painful past

Blyke had felt something was up with Isen and Arlo. He had tailed Isen all the way to the Woaba boba only to find out that Arlo asked Isen to tail someone.
"Lia Veil." Blyke thought. "I don't know anyone by that name."
Blyke sat alone, inmersed in his thoughts.
"Wait, Isen said Lia Veil was her old name therefore it's possible that she changed her name. Hmm..." blyke continue to ponder.
"Lia. Lia. Elia??" Blyke's face twisted. "Is that really her?"

Elia was laying around fiddling with her sword when she received a notification.
"Wanna go to Kovoro Mall?" It was a message from Blyke.
"I'm not supposed to see anyone for wellston." Elia texted.
"No one will know. Meet u by the school gates in 15 minutes!"
Elia sighed. "Guess it can't hurt."

Elia waited in Kovoro Mall entrance. She glanced at the time.
"That's weird. Blyke is usually never late. Did something happen?" Elia got worried.
"Lia Veil!" A voice called out from behind.
Elia's face morphed into a shocked expression as she turned around to see who called her.
"It's really you." Blyke said, similarly in a shock.
Elia's eyes glowed and she appeared in front of Blyke in a flash.
"How do you know that name?" Her expression darkened twofolds as she materialized an ice sword that she pointed on Blyle's neck.
"Isen. He's investigating you." Blyke said, instantly regretting his decision upon seeing the look on Elia's face.
Elia instantly recalled what had happened.

"Where did you live? I mean before you transfered here."
"XY city. I didn't like it there much."

"That bastard Isen. He actually managed to figure out so much from just a name of a city? Does that mean he found out about him?"
"Blyke, what did he find out?" Elia asked
"Just the fact that you were missing and that you were a late bloomer." Blyke said in a frenzy. He had witnessed Elia's power when they were chasing the shop vendor. Elia could kill him 10 times over before he could retaliate.
Elia lowered her sword and walked away. She winced as she couldn't help but recall a painful memory.

"Beat her up!"
"Hahahaha stupid cripple!"
"You think you are such a big shot just cause your parents are high tiers?"
"A cripple will forever be a cripple."
"Rip her clothes apart!"

Elia fell to the floor, her heart aching from the sudden influx of memories she wished to forget.
"Elia! Are you ok?" Blyke quickly ran towards Elia.
"I'm fine." Elia got up and started to walk away from Blyle. "Just leave me alone."
"I'm sorry. I really am." Blyke called out to the departing figure.