Chapter 28: chip

"Where did he come from?" Remi looked wearily at Viper. Before she could sort out her thoughts, Viper reappeared again from behind Remi. This time, Remi was prepared. She attempted to grab his arm with her electricity infused body but he had managed to evade in time. Once again, he dissappeared.
"He has some sort of stealth ability. He's like an assassin." Remi thought to herself. She looked around her surroundings.
Viper reappeared, this time targetting Remi's left collarbone.
"I can't take another hit." Remi thought to herself. She sidestepped, letting Viper's arms hit nothing.
Silence.
Viper was gone again.
"I've figured you out." Remi smirked.
Viper attacked Remi once again. To his surprise, Remi easily dodged and punched him right in the face. The lightning hit his body, frying him into crisp as he collapsed.

"Looks like we still can't face high tiers, they're on a completely different league." Drea sighed ruefully before passing out along with her two teammates.
Remi felt relief that it was finally over. They were definitely tough. In fact, Remi was only able to beat Viper because she sensed his location from a chip.
"He had a chip in his body....so do both of them." Remi said. She had sensed it using her ability. Remi walked towards the unconscious Drea.
"Injection marks?" Remi thought after seeing the mark on Drea's neck. "It exactly where the chip is too, why inject a chip onto themselves?" Remi was extremely curious as well as horrified. "And they were all powerful too. This is not your average terrorist group."

Trying not to think to much about the details she had just discovered, Remi locked all three of them with anti ability cuffs.

A while ago before Remi encountered the trio,
Bang!
The window panes crashed onto the ground.
"This feels kind of illegal, breaking into a security building." Remi thought, Vivaldo's mom had told her that the Security building was abandoned when they all fled. Due to Gladwin being a low tier districts, the security were mostly just average mid tiers, they did not stand a chance agaisnt the trio. All they could do was try to flee, leaving the residents alone.

After hearing this fact, Remi had came up with the idea to steal the anti ability cuffs. They should be sufficient to capture whatever Remi might run into. After all, the reports stated Drea was just a mid tier.
With the cuffs, Remi could easily hand them in to authorities.
.
.
.
When the trio woke up, they immediately saw Remi's face.
"Hey umm, I just want to ask you guys some questions." Remi said.
The three looked at her blankly.
"Just hand us to authorities." Drea finally responded.
"What are the injection marks on your necks?" Remi asked.
"Drugs." Drea replied casually.
"Your lying. I can sense a chip there."
Their eyes widened in shock.
"So? Wanna speak now, or in front of the authorities?"
"We can't tell you anything, even if you beat us half to death." Dusk stammered.
"I dont want to die. I dont want to die." Viper repeatedly muttered.
"My guess is right. That chip is some sort of bomb that will detonate if they are found out to reveal any information." Remi thought.
Even after asking several times, Remi did not get any answer from the three.
"I'll just hand them in." Remi sigh regretfully. She winced as the pain from her injuries finally registered.