Chapter 15: Losing control

Knock knock
No reply
"Is she not in?" Blyke scratched his head. "She wasn't at school, and she didn't reply to my text either."
Knock knock
"Elia!" Blyke shouted.
Blyke reached for the handle of the door.
"It's not locked?"
He entered the dorm room. It was a dark except for light emerging from a room in the far corner.
"I'm barging in uninvited to a girl's dorm." Blyke sighed as he pushed open the door
Blyke's eyes widened.
Elia was sitting on the floor. She was awake yet she looked so lifeless. Her room was a mess.
"Elia? Hey! What happened?" Blyke asked in a frenzy.
"It's gone, its gone." Tears leaked out from the corners of her eyes.
"What's gone?"
"Book."
"What book?"
Silence.
Ring ring! Elia's phone ringed loudly. It was an unknown number.
"You wanna answer it?" Blyke asked.
Elia shook her head.
A few second later, a notification popped up, it was a message from the number that called.
"I have what you want. Come see me at Woaba boba."
Elia's eyes widened upon seeing the message. Her eyes were no longer empty and lifeless, on the contrary they were filled with intense anger. She got up and immediately headed out.
"You want me to come with you?" Blyke asked.
"No need." Elia replied, her tone extremely frosty. She sounded as if she was surpressing her rage.

"You...Why are you here?" Elia said in a shock.
"Take a seat." Arlo said, smiling.
"No need."
"You don't want this back?" Arlo said swinging a book around.
"You filthy thief!" Elia's eyes glowed as she dashed up to Arlo.
"I just want a talk. I can give it to you, if you promise to stop wrecking havoc in wellston."
Arlo could feel her rage growing by the moment.
"Arlo, i didn't come here to bargain." Elia tried to snatch the book but unfortunately Arlo was too fast. He activated his ability and materialized a barrier causing Elia to stop.
Elia's expression darkened.
"P-Please don't fight here." The cashier said uncertainly.
"I'll pay for the damages, so shut the fuck up!" Elia shouted.
The cashier dashed out of the room, while almost wetting his pants.
"You sure are impatient." Arlo sat there leisurely with a barrier protecting him.
Elia's aura grew more and more frosty. She clenched her fist in a second, the entire cafe turned into ice. Elia had lost control.
"You...are capable of this?" The previous relaxed expression dissapeared from Arlo's face.
Elia wasn't done yet. A gigantic icicle appeared and immediately charged towards Arlo's barrier.
Crack.
Arlo spat out a moutful of blood.
"She cracked it?" Arlo thought.
"You are weak." Elia mocked.
Elia charged up to Arlo while he was in a shocked state. However, a barrier had materialized around Elia. It began shrinking and shrinking.
"Is this it? King?" Elia glanced at Arlo.
The barrier surrounding Elia turned into ice before shattering into pieces.
"What the hell? She can freeze my barrier?" Arlo felt like his entire body had been crushed. He spat out a ton of blood, his nose was bleeding as well.
Before he realized, Elia was already behind him.
"What the? How did sh-"
Elia's hand turned into a pale blue colour and she pressed it on Arlo's shoulder.
A scream left Arlo's throat. The pain was incredibly intense and concentrated. Very quickly the area around were Elia had pressed also turned a pale blue colour. It was spreading. Arlo could barely retaliate as the pain was so intense, he could feel that his entire shoulder was frozen.
"Do you want to return it? Or will I snatch it after i have frozen you whole?"
Arlo surrendered the book to Elia. Elia shot a glare at Arlo before leaving the cafe. Arlo's knees weakened as he collapsed onto the ground. The pain was dissappearing slightly but the area was a pale blue colour. Arlo felt that he was slightly weaker.
"Here's a cheque, it should cover the damages." Elia said to the cashier after leaving.
"T-Thank you." The cashier said before rushing inside to check out the damages.
"My god, what the hell." The cashier gasped at the giant ice wasteland.