Neji x reader

Here ya go!
___________________

"Phew," you breathed out. Bones tired and muscles aching from your vigorous training you had endured. Walking into your apartment, you decided to take a shower and put on something comfy. Finally done, you plopped yourself into bed, snuggling into the blankets.

"(Y/n), hey, (y/n) wake up," someone said, shaking you gently. Opening your eyes, yours came into contact with beautiful violet-ones. Neji. A smile graced your face as you got up.
"Neji, what are you doing here?" You asked, yawning. "I thought that'd I would come see you after your training," He said, walking out into the kitchen.

You got up, still in your pajamas, treading behind him. You sat at the table, Neji making you a cup of Konohas finest coffee and him some herbal tea. You took your cup from him, lightly touching his hand which caused your stomach to leap. "So, how's Hinata doing? Is she improving?" You asked Neji, trying to get rid of the silence that fell upon you two. "Ah, yes. Hinata-sama is improving greatly. I'm really proud of her, and I also would like to thank you for helping her train when I'm out on my missions," Neji spoke. His eyes never leaving yours giving you a genuine look.

"Anything for my favorite family," you said, smiling sweetly. He chuckled and stood up, walking toward you.
"You know, I've been thinking, and I think it's time that I'd tell my family about us," He said, inching closer to you. "Really? Do you think they'd approve?" You asked, concerned that they'd reject you for not being a Hyuuga.
"Of course they would, they love you," he said smiling, hands placed on your shoulders, messaging them lightly.

"Well, when do you want to tell them?" You asked, eager. "As soon as I get back," he replied.
"Back? Back from where," you asked when you felt a sudden twist in your stomach. All the sudden the room turned black and you fell from your chair, falling endlessly; deeper into the darkness. You finally reached a stopping point, hitting the ground hard. A spotlight fell upon the center of the room, in the middle of it was Neji and scrambled to your feet, startled. You ran towards him, his arms open, inviting you into him. You embraced him, inhaling his fresh scent, burying your face into his shoulder. He hugged you tightly, caressing your head, sniffling softly. "I'm sorry, (y/n)," He breathed into your ear, voice soft and smooth. You cried, harder than ever. The memory of your beloved dying in front of your eyes. You didn't want to let go, you didn't want to remember that horrible day.

He started to rise, spotlight still on the two of you. You watched as he rose, holding out your hand to reach his, his hand trying to reach yours. Your eyes filled with tears, clouding your vision. He looked at you, a tear sliding down his ivory cheek, he smiled and spoke, "never forget, I will always love you (y/n). You are my world...I'll be waiting for the day that we will meet again," You started to sob harder, "No Neji! Please don't leave me, I love you so much, please don't leave me here," you yelled, watching him fade away.

You gasped, flying up from your pillow. Just a dream, you thought. But it was all too real. Neji was gone, he left you, waiting until you can finally see him again. Shaking, you cuddled your face into your pillow, sobbing uncontrollably.

I'll see you again, Neji..

____________________
im so sorry I had to put you through these feels.