The Surgeon Sequel - The Twins: Part.11

Kade's mom goes into immediate auto pilot, "Right, we need to get her into cryogenic suspension as soon as possible. I need all your help. First, strip her body and wash her," She instructs. She points toward little Kelvin, ensure her brain has enough oxygen and blood to preserve minimal function while the others prepare her corpse. Time is off the essence, you need to work as a tight team," she says, with all the precision of a military leader.

I note the distress on Troy's face and I take his hand, "Kade and I will wash Kelly, you go and rest, remember her in life, not death," I say, with empathy.

Although it's not a pleasant task, I don't feel grossed out while washing and preparing Kelly's corpse. It feels like the right thing to do and strangely, it makes my bond with Kade stronger.

......

Kelly's naked corpse lies on a metal table next to a large silver cylindrical pod. A noose encircles her feet, the other end of which is attached to a small crane. Kade's mom continues to instruct Kelvin, who works with considerable competence, "Inject her with the Heparin," she says.

Once Kelvin has finished injecting, a whirring sound accompanies the crane as Kelly's body is hoisted upwards and lowered into the pod of liquid nitrogen, head first.

Troy turns his back, to preserve his girlfriends dignity in what is a rather undignified preservation process.

"Do you have to put her in head first?" I ask, concerned for Kelly's welfare even in death. Kade's mom is assertive, "Absolutely, if by chance we lose electricity supply and the freezing process is interrupted, we need to ensure all the blood is pooled at the brain until the emergency generators kick in." She says, watching carefully as Kelly's feet disappear into the freezing chamber. As the lid is closed and automatically sealed, Kelly's mom looks pleased, "I'm confident that Science is tantalizingly close to the day when we can regenerate the dead. And when that day comes, my husband and daughter will be amongst the first to return," she says, with a solemn smile.

"But what about if we could bring Kelly back another way – one that doesn't involve science?" I ask. Kade's mom looks at me, slightly surprised, "What other way is there?" She asks. I glance at Kade, who nods his head, giving me the approval to challenge his mother's firm belief in science.

I answer with confidence, "In the stuff that goes on here: sorcery and the black arts..."

......

Kade's mom listens to us describe all our experiences of The Twins and their world. She allows us talk uninterrupted, unchallenged and with a face that shows growing interest and concern. I finish with, "I believe The Twins have somehow used the black arts to hijack Kelly's soul in order to provide power and energy to whatever exists within the Sixth Zone." I pause, take a breath and say, "I also know that I could be wrong."

Kade interjects, "There's only one way we can find our answer..." his mother cuts in, "And that is by providing proof. Finding solid evidence that Kelly's death was caused by some kind of paranormal activity." She looks at us both, "And you two, along with Troy are my ideal Research Team." She walks around the space, "What I have seen in Kelly and what you have told me has opened my mind." She gestures over to us, "Come with me, Troy and Tanya – you need to test your helicopter backpacks and I want to ensure your fully protected on your mission of discovery." 

 ........

WOW – flying feels great! The backpacks are real easy to operate, with a simple: up/forward/backward/hover/down control on the strap. They're steered by simply leaning to the left or right – they're beyond awesome.

Troy and I zoom through the airspace above the Cryogenic Centre both reveling in the exhilarating feeling of freedom and life after experiencing Kelly's death.