|Chernos|

Chapter 6: Chernos

Chapter 6: Chernos

"Answer me," Ramsey scowled at Doug, and with a raspy voice, he repeated his question, louder this time, "Are you one of them?"

Doug stared at Ramsey's down-loped eyelid and examined it instead of answering his question. Ramsey noticed that Doug really didn't seem to care, nor even startled by him and this only made him more furious. He wanted to have control, and he wanted obedience.

"Doug!" Ramsey's voice filled the room as he grabbed Doug by the collar and pulled him up to his feet with ease. Even though he only had one good eye, his glare was piercing through Doug's restless, wandering eyes. Just when Ramsey had thought that Doug was finally getting anxious at him, he proved him wrong.

"Your question wasn't complete, nor did it make sense," Doug replied blankly. "I also find it rude on how you're holding my suit."

"Ramsey, please. . ." Penny whispered, walking towards Ramsey cautiously. She looked at him--his jaw was clenched and there was even a thick vein appearing on his forehead. She didn't want any more conflicts happening, and seeing Ramsey furious was one of her personal nightmares. She was the type to avoid any kind of argument and conflict, and even let the other win just to stop the commotion. Her body stiffened when she felt a hand rubbing her back, only to find out that it was Matteo, who was having the same thoughts as Penny.

Emelie's guard was up once again, because she feared that Ramsey would hurt Doug. At this point, it seemed like he wanted to kill him.

Ramsey's nostrils flared as he sighed and released Doug's collar. He lit up another cigarette and put it between his dark, frowning lips.

"Thank--"

"Piss off," Ramsey cut in annoyance, inhaling his cigarette. He was trying to calm his breaths. It was silent for a while, then he stroked his damp hair away from his face and said, "Look, there are these beings--I can't and I don't know how to explain. It seems like they have a goal of some sort--to kill." He turned his head towards Matteo and gave him a quick nod.

Matteo understood and just like that, everyone loosened up when Ramsey walked outside. Being the tall figure that he was, his back was slouched, and his hands were in his pockets.

Matteo scratched his neck and cleared his throat, "It's okay, Emelie. He wouldn't hurt anyone. He just gets really angry sometimes, when things don't go as planned."

"Are you kidding?" Emelie's voice in person was smaller than the voice in her head, "I thought he was going to hurt him." She looked at the two young women. Paige was biting her lip while Penny fiddled with her bracelet; they both couldn't look at Emelie.

"Look, I don't know what else to tell you, alright?" Matteo sighed, and crossed his bulky arms over his chest. "If you feel truly uncomfortable, you're always free to leave, but what I'm saying is true--Ramsey doesn't harm other fellow members, and I think he includes you two already."