|David Myers|

Chapter 10: David Myers

"Henry?" Elaine guessed, rubbing her dry eyes, "Henry--get off, you're so heavy!" She let out a groan before pushing whatever that was on top of her. When she opened her eyes, her guess was right.

"You're awake, finally!" Her friend wrapped his arms around her small frame. "Are you okay now?"

"Duh," she slurred out, blinking slowly. When Henry didn't say anything, she closed her eyes and rubbed her head. "My head hurts."

"Did you hit it somewhere?" He leaned closer to her, examining her head, but the only thing he could see was Elaine's messy hair. Reaching out, he rubbed her head slowly. "I don't think there are any bumps, Elaine. Should I call Penny?"

Elaine let out a whimper but shakes her head, "It's okay, it only hurts sometimes."

"What happened yesterday?" He looked at her dazed expression.

"Yesterday?" She mumbled to herself in confusion. To her, it didn't feel like her rest took more than an hour.

Henry nodded silently in response. "It's whatever, you should eat! I left some cereal for you," he said with a smile, before jumping off the bed. He looked at her again when she didn't follow.

"I'm not hungry," she said, almost like she was disappointed in herself that she didn't feel hunger at all. It didn't feel normal to her, as she always wanted something to munch on.

Henry's eyes crinkled more when he let out a laugh, "Yeah, don't gobble up everything like a monster."

Elaine's lower lip started to quiver and her vision blurred from her slowly-forming tears, "I. . .I'm serious, Henry. . . I'm not hungry."

Henry's stretched lips immediately turned to a straight line. "It's not funny anymore," he stared at her for a while, "Let's go downstairs." Pressing his lips together, he hoped she wouldn't cry. He wouldn't know what to do if she did. Elaine had probably gone through a lot, that's probably why she's like this. I'm sure Penny will do something about it, he thought.

She shook her head again as she failed to hold back tears. Covering her eyes with her small hands, Henry climbed up the bed and sat close to her. "It was bad," she choked out, sobbing now, "It was really bad. . . and scary. I was so scared. I thought I wouldn't see you again."

Henry's eyes started to water as he listened.

"There was black smoke everywhere," she leaned to him and rested her head against his chest, "And. . . and I suddenly wanted to do something bad. . ."

"What was it?" Henry's voice was barely heard.

Elaine groaned as she rubbed her swollen eyes again and again. After taking the time to calm her hitched breaths, "I don't know. . .Something just appeared in my head that moment."