• One •

You seem like something out of a dream.

Maybe I am. 

Won't you tell me who you are? 

I'm who you want me to be. 

Oh demn the way this chapter grew is just like the way Lloyd grew in ninjago. Growth serum activated

//Do do do-DANSU//

 🌸🐛🌸

Starting a new life in a new place can seem pretty overwhelming but I was ready to try it out.
"Alright mom, I'll call you every night I promise." I squeaked out while my mother hugged me and peppered my face with kisses, making me giggle.
"I am so proud of you. Both of you. You girls are going to Ninjago High." Mom said in between happy sad tears and did a little excitement wiggle. I looked at my best friend Hana. She was getting the same treatment from her own parents.
Dad brought me in for a hug, yet again. He faced me with a sly yet seemingly playful smirk.
Oh no.
"Remember no banana doughnuts okay." Talk about code language.
"Daaaaaaaad" I looked to the ground bashfully after dad literally told me not to kanoodle.
That too out loud.
At the airport.
'Somebody kill me already.'
While they let out a hearty laugh, I looked at them and started tearing up. God was I going to miss my goofy parents. I hugged them one last time, feeling their warmth through my skin. I looked back to them, oblivious to the split second colour change my eyes had done.
My parents looked at me, their emotion flickered to a fear of parting.
But it didn't seem like they were worried about me going to school.
Their face went back to their mom and dad crying over a student going to school in a different city face.

I slid my hand into Hana's and walked towards the airport gate, ready to enter a new would after a two and a half hour flight. Sitting in the seat N16 while the plane took off towards Ninjago City, I was ready to face anything that was thrown at me, unknown to me was the fact that a lot will be thrown at me this year.

"We will be soon landing in Ninjago City Airport. Please fasten your seatbelts." The voice of the stewardess cracked through the speakers that distracted my reading, making me put down the magazine on the celebrities living in Ninjago City.
I just finished reading a page on the green ninja and I gotta say, I'm rather curious about who this man was, or as the interview said, an eighteen year old boy. I myself am sixteen, going to Ninjago High to study my Junior and Senior years of school before heading off to college.

"So I see you read the section on the green ninja ah?" Hana nudged me with her elbow, making me sway to the side, getting a view of Ninjago City from the clouds.
"I found the piece on the black ninja more interesting. He seems to be into music and that is-"

I let Hana's sounds drown out, staring at the city from the sky, illuminated with lights, yellow, red, white, every colour of the spectrum. I leaned further pulling my friend's hair to make her look at the awe-inspiring scene that unfolds in front of their eyes.
"Wow...Ninjago City better be ready for Y/N and Hana!" Hana let out a loud hoot and I followed suit, not caring of the few judgmental eyes that were giving us side-glances.
Humph, we didn't care that people were so judgy.

Hana and I stepped out of the cab that stopped at the address we had scribbled on a crumpled sticky note. After paying the money, the cab drove off, leaving us two in the dust.
"I honestly expected a dump, but this place... it actually looks pretty good. Better since the last time I was here." I grinned widely while pulling my stupidly heavy suitcase on the asphalt, dragging it all the way to the little iron gate of the three story building.
"Uncle Ronin was kind enough to let us stay here for a relatively less price as compared to the rest of his real estate properties. I swear this man is such a money hoarder." I rolled her eyes and giggled, ringing the bell of the ground floor apartment. The door opened revealing Ronin with his shaggy brown hair, unkept stubble and a cigar in between his lips.
"Ah Y/N...And Y/N's friend. You're finally here." Ronin tried to look excited to see his niece-me- but his act was caught by the duo. I sighed.
"I have a name and you know it Ronin." Hana perked up, crossing her arms and gave Ronin an unsatisfied look.
I shrugged his casual nature off. That's Ronin for you all folks.
"You're looking as good as ever Ron." I said while leaving my suitcase outside to retrieve the keys of our apartments. I stepped over a couple of pizza boxes and slices that sprawled across the floor.
"Jeez Ron ever hear of basic hygiene." I fake gagged while tip toeing through the pizza maze also known as Ronin's living room.
"That's Uncle Ronin to you, missy." He smirked back. "You're what 5 years elder. Imma stick with Ron." My mischievous nature made him break into a laugh as he throws us a pair of keys. I stumbled a bit to catch them but thankfully they made it into my hand and not a pizza box.
"Hana get's first floor and Y/N gets the second floor." I fist pumped the air while my dear not as lucky as me best friend groaned, brushing her fringes back.
"Why does she get free access to the roof?" Hana asked while poking me in the face, sending us into a poke fight. She started it and I was going to end it.
"Favouritism. I like my niece more, duh." He placed his hand on Hana's head and rubbing it vigorously, making her perfect fringes become not so perfect.
"Oye! you mooseflipper." Hana screamed out, swatting his hand away.
Ronin looked at me. "I'm sorry, did she just call me, a mooseflipper? What the fuck is that?"
I flicked him on the forehead. "Language Ron! We are good girls and we don't curse." I said, head high up and a smile playing on my face.