• Two •

Can you hear that?

Hear what?

My heart beating only for you.

Oh another chapter. Lmao this one and the last one make up the chapter 1 of my old book which was 900 words long hehe.

//Manic-Conan Gray//

💐🐝💐

The way he said those words, I felt the heartache with each syllable he spoke.
His eyebrows furrowed in a single state of dejection and confusion.
I didn't like seeing him-or anyone- like that.

"Am I supposed to know you? I am new around here, so I exactly don't know anyone." I muttered trying her level best to ease up the tension that stared to radiate from him.
His eyes darted to my face. 'Could this be possible? A fresh start without the Garmadon stain on him?' such thoughts spiraled in his head as the corner of his mouth quirked slowly into a smile.
A hope filled his heart that the girl in front of him could actually become his friend, possibly, maybe, hopefully someday, even more than a friend.
But such thoughts, as relieving as they were, started to seem far-fetched.
What was there to assure him that she wasn't just playing him right now?
How could he know that she won't run away in terror once she knows about his family tree?
The way clouds flow on a clouded sunny day, blocking the flaming ball in small shades, never completely dark, never completely bright, his mind drifted into the two directions, filling himself with hope and then seeing his hope be torn apart by who he is not, but who is assumed to be.

He let out a breath, ready to croak out his name, after having stayed in that awkward silence for a minute or two now, which felt like hours.
He opened his mouth, only to be harshly interrupted by someone.
"Hey babes. Take a good look at these losers. Luh-Lloyd Garmadork and his dork squad. What a joke" An arrogant voice broke any of the feelings fluttering between the mystery boy and me.
I looked at him, one eyebrow perked upwards in disgust. "Um excuse me?" I asked.
My nose scrunched up, like that of a little bunny as I tried to make sense of what all was happening right now. My eyes met those of Hana's confused ones and then trailed to the green eyed boy's ashamed ones, which he darted away as he faced the ground.

"Aren't you a nice catch." The over confident voice rose over me. I faced him again, not meeting his eyes as they were too busy travelling down my body until finally setting on my E/C orbs.
"Princess, you and your friend don't want to be seen hanging out with these bunch of nobodies. You can come join our table. I'm Chen and my friend here is Brad, and if you agree to hang out with us, we can make sure you become one of us." He winked, running a hand through his stiffly styled brown hair while his buddy, Brad made a kissie face towards Hana, to which she grimaced.
I couldn't just tolerate this Chen being a complete asshole to that innocent blonde.
I felt a heat bubble within me, a rage that I was going to let lose on Chen.
I looked up at him, since he was much taller, and pointed a finger at him.
"Listen here you. Hana and I, are not your babes. So think twice before you think of calling us, or any girl, babe.
And second, who the hell do you think you are, outcasting this boy and bullying him and his friends? What could you possibly have against him." I finally crossed me arms and gave him my best intimidating look.
I was probably going to pee in my pants right there, but he didn't need to know that.
I was waiting for Chen and Brad to look at me, shocked that someone so small could be so scary, and then run for the hills.
But instead he smirked, walking towards the blonde with a menacing look painted over his features.
"Aye Garmadork! You haven't told the cutie who you are? Were you planning on manipulating her? Maybe finding a way to get her to work for your dad?" Chen pulled his golden locks, making him hiss. His friends, Hana and I stood around in shock and helplessness.
What could we do?