Starry, starry night

The waves are as magnificent as the day before. that, somehow, gave me a welcome relief. I set my foldable deck chair on the sandy ground along with the basket of stuff I brought. "Mmm... The salty scent of the sea, my favourite." Josh appears behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Mine too." I smile.

We've been planning this getaway for weeks but each time we get down to discuss it, there was always some kind of distraction. Now, we're finally here. Josh loves the ocean and we'd hit the waves once in awhile. But this time, we're not here to surf.

He helps to set up the chairs and food while I get the blankets from the car. We're spending the night on the beach. Dusk finally settled on us as we sit down to watch the sunset. The golden ball of flames sinks into the sea and dissapears.

"I love it when the sun does that." Josh says. "What do you mean?" I ask, confused. "When it takes my breath away like you do."He smiles at me. My heart starts to race. It always does when he smiles. It was beginning to get dark, people are heading home, leaving just the two of us alone on the beach.

"Some nights I wonder what if we'd never met. What if I never found your hazel brown eyes among the crowd last year? What if you didn't look back at me when I flashed you that smile?" He says, looking up at the sky, as if he was talking to himself. "I think the same thing. I wouldn't have made it this far without you. I wonder what my life must be if I hadn't had you to share it with." I whisper back.

I slid off my chair to snuggle up with him. He gladly pulls me close. I shiver when his lips brushes across my forehead. "And nothing would come up in my mind," he continues. "Because if I hadn't had you, I would be empty." He says. I look up at him and he leans down to kiss me.

We both stare up at the night sky. At first it was blank, then the stars start to appear. After awhile, the sky was filled with stars, some twinkling in clusters, others light up in solitary. Far away, I see a pair. Twinkling side by side, never moving, never leaving. Josh notices it too.

"That's us, you know. That's me and that's you. Forever next to each other eventhough there's a million other stars to cling with." He tells me. His hand moves to hold my hand and we both stood up to dance. It's silly, really. Two adults dancing under the stars with no music to sway to. Just lost in each other's embrace. There is nothing more in the world I could ask for than Josh.

"Have you ever tried counting the stars, Red?" he asks. I nod, "But I could never get an answer." He twirls me in a circle and pulls me back to his chest. I lay my head on his shoulder as he says, "There is more that you can ever imagine. And that is how much I love you." He whispers in my ear.

That same night, he went down on one knee. I agreed, of course. But not because the hand cut diamond was bigger than my fist or because I'd be famous like him. I don't need his money nor his fame. As long as he promises to love me forever, every second of forever, that is all the matters.

********************************************************************************************************

A/N: This is one for you , Red. I'm sorry you had to wait so long. And to the others, I'm sorry you had to wait so long for an update too. But I'm writing all the one shots now so I'll most probably upload the others by this month. :) Please do comment, vote and all the good stuff.

xoxo, Adelynn