XII

Blue Diamond POV:

         It has been exactly seventeen thousand years since the twins have been born. Today counts their seventeenth birthday. This is when they change their forms into older bodies. And when they did...they looked absolutely gorgeous...well...Mint would prefer to be called handsome but Ocean is fine with gorgeous. But they have completely changed from their fifteen thousand-year-old bodies.

 But they have completely changed from their fifteen thousand-year-old bodies

         Two spans after their birthday...they are completely different gems. Ocean respects no authority and Mint is the authority. "I want to make armies! Control colonies! Make planets mine!" Mint said. I can't refer to our light green baby as a "she". Mint said that he didn't feel comfortable with the classification as a female. For now on, Mint is a male.

         Of course...Yellow didn't understand. So Ocean the rebellious gem she is, spelt it out in blue electricity. "Mint is trans, get over it, Mother." And Yellow accepted it in flying colours. She hugged him and told him he was perfect. That made me cry. With pure joy. When I looked over at Ocean she was covering her face with the fabric hanging from her arms, but it didn't cover much. She was tearing up.

         I softly hugged her. She didn't pull away...she just silently inhaled.

Yellow Diamond POV:

         I...am happy...but also a bit upset...White notified me that I have three thousand years left on homeworld. I felt Mint tug on my arm. "You have to teach me how to conquer planets." I have a son. The same Mint...just she isn't a "she" anymore. She's a "he". It'll take me a moment to get used to it. But I am completely open to this idea of Her- him being transgendered. "You're going to have to wait until you're eighteen thousand." Mint groans softly shoving my arm. "Are you kidding?! Ugh!" I laugh gently pushing him back. "I'll help you form an army in my place though."

         Mint wasn't the one with the confused look on his face...Ocean was. When I was beginning to walk out, Blue and Mint already out of the room, Ocean pulled me back, closed the door and locked it behind her. She stalked towards me, her eyes flashing electric blue. "Are you leaving us?! And making Mint take care of us, like the butch of the armies?!" I step back. "I have too! White said I had twenty thousand years after you and Mint were born! I can't turn that down, Ocean!" 

         She shocked me and I shocked her back. "So you want to leave us?! Why didn't you tell Mom?!" I growl. "I have no choice! I had no choice." I said slumping down against the bedpost. "What-so-ever..." Ocean crouches in front of me. "Then rebel." My eyes widen. "Rebel?! Ocean are you batshit?! I'm a grown gem! You aren't even at the age of having sex yet!" Ocean facepalms as she silently speaks. "Mother...you really are stupid." She looks me in the eyes. "I have had sex before mother. I know what a strap on feels like."

         My eyes widen. "Didn't need to know that...thank you for the knowledge, Ocean." She nods. "Yeah." She gets up, she sticks out her hand. "We gotta tell Blue and Mint." I nod grabbing her hand as she helps me up. "This is going to be difficult...are you ready?"

I sigh. "Ready as I'll ever be..."