✿ELEVEN✿

"Taehyung has the hots for you." Alice stated making Violetta choke on the noodles she was eating. The girls sat in the cafeteria as usual after getting done with their classes.

"Alice, are you out of your mind?" Violetta shot her a look, ignoring the fluttering of her heart at the statement. 

"I'm just letting you know what I saw." She said, popping a spoonful of Cheese Pasta in her mouth.

Violetta quirked a brow, "and what did you see?"

"Affection, desire, passion―in his eyes. For you," Alice said very dramatically in a beguiling tone making the blood rush to her cheeks.

"Don't speak nonsense! It's nothing like that. He's my friend and he... he's Kim Taehyung. The ultimate heartthrob. Someone who every girl wants to date." The difference between them suddenly hit Violetta like a harsh wave.

"Including you," Alice snickered, bursting the bubble of turmoil inside her head. 

She glared at the sapphire-eyed girl. "I don―"

"Don't you dare lie to me, girl." Alice boomed, cutting her off. "It's written all over your face that you like him." 

Violetta was taken aback. She was at a loss of words because she knew it was the truth. She had already come to terms with her feelings.

Feelings, for her Penpal. The superstar. The Kim Taehyung.

She was tired of pushing her feelings back and locking them inside her chest. She didn't want to ignore the butterflies she felt in the pit of her stomach whenever she saw the onyx-eyed man, anymore. She didn't want to disregard how his intense gaze burned her skin, how his deep voice made her heart melt, how she longed to see him all the time. She was tired of resisting the urge to reach out and feel his skin under her touch. 

She did like him.

Perhaps, it was more than that. She... 

"Earth to Violet!" Alice waved her hand in front of her face, shaking her out. "Stop making out with him in your head."

Violetta's jaw dropped, "God, Alice. Shut up! I..." she trailed, her eyes downturned. "He will be leaving soon and I don't even know when I will see him again." 

"That's why you need to tell him how you feel, stupid! Although, I'm pretty sure he will do it if you didn't." Alice rested her hand on the table, cupping her cheek, her eyes as blue as the sky staring at her friend in amusement. 

Violetta sighed, "you wish."

"I do wish, Violet. And, I know you do too." 

The brunette shook her little head at her friend who knew the matters of heart more than anyone else. 

The afternoon was spent having lunch together and Alice trying to convince Violetta to meet Taehyung and confess what she felt for him. When the sky started filling with warm marigold hues, she made her way back home, pondering over her friend's advice. 

She entered inside her house and strolled towards the living room. "I'm home." She announced to her mother who was currently supposed to be the only person in the house since her father was out of city for three days. 

She expected the warm voice of her mother to greet her but it never came. Instead, a rich baritone voice reverberated around, making a shiver run down her spine. "Welcome back, Violet."

Her head snapped in the direction of the voice and her breath hitched in her throat, the grip she had on the strap of the bag around her shoulder loosened and it fell on the ground with a thud.