✿EIGHT✿

Violetta strolled in her front yard holding a watering can in her hand―softly humming a song she had recently heard by a certain singer with a deep voice.

The small front yard garden was adorned with a colorful mixture of roses, evergreen shrubs and daylilies. The pansies and kale were a new addition planted by her Father and it was her responsibility to nurture them. 

Taking small steps, she carefully watered the plants. The sky was clear of clouds and the day wasn't as cold but that could change any minute since the weather had been unpredictable. 

Violetta was in a fairly good mood because of yesterday's events. She giggled inside, thinking about her meeting with the BTS. It felt surreal that she had actually met the renowned band and had practically become friends with them. She loved the cordial vibes she received from the boys. They were so down-to-earth and fun to talk to.

Taehyung had dropped her off to her house when it had started to get darker with a promise to meet again soon but it had only been a day and she already couldn't wait to see him again. 

Smiling to herself, she took a step forward to take care of the next flower pot when something heavy hit the back of her head with force making a painful yelp escape her mouth.

Putting the watering can on the ground, she spun around to locate the object and found a soccer ball rolling on the ground―after colliding with her head.

"Whoops, didn't you see there, Violetta." A tall muscular guy with light brown hair and tanned skin strolled towards her, wearing a whimsical smirk on his well-sculpted face.

Violetta's nostrils flared as she glared at the guy. "It seems that just like your brain, you don't use your eyes as well, Ben."

She put her hands on her hips and hissed at her neighbor in exasperation.

"Aw, cmon! It wasn't intentional." Ben said, amusement written all over his face as he bent down and picked the ball from the ground.

Violetta huffed and bringing her right foot in action, she kicked him hard in the leg.

An audible wince left his lips as he cringed back, looking at her in disbelief. "Your name should be Violent-ta."

"Says the one who just gave me a head injury." She said, rubbing the back of her head. "Anyways, now that we are even, you can get lost." Violetta advised, picking up the can to carry on with her work but Ben didn't look like he had any plans to leave her in peace.

"Nah, let's chat. Who was that guy who dropped you home yesterday?"

Violetta stilled. "W-What? You saw him?"

Ben shrugged, pursing his lips. "I was coming back from practice when I saw you with him."

Violetta looked at him curiously. He possibly couldn't have recognized Taehyung. He had parked his car a little far from her house and had only come out of the car for a minute to wave her goodbye. 

"He's a friend." Violetta told him sharply.

Ben's brows quirked upwards, "wow, Violetta. I thought Alice was your only friend. Didn't know you have Asian friends too."

A muscle in jaw her ticked at his mocking. She wanted to tell him that he wasn't just a normal guy. He was Kim Taehyung but she contained herself from blurting out anything that would get her into a mess. Besides, it looked like Ben was clueless about his identity and Violetta preferred for it be to that way. 

"Yeah well, now you know that I do have other friends. Leave," she almost glowered at the guy.

His sturdy arms shot up in surrender. "Relax, I was just kidding."

She rolled her eyes at her neighbor whose hobbies included annoying her whenever he could just like a brother would, if she had one. Being an only child sometimes made her feel lonesome and made her wish she had a sibling. 

Ben cleared her throat and took a step closer. "Uh, I wanted to ask... how's Alice?"

Violetta's face twisted at the question. "Why do you care?" Her brows hoisted up when she saw his body shifting uncomfortably and a faint hue of pink appearing on his face. 

"I was just wondering... it's been a while since she came to your house." 

Violetta eyed him in suspicion, "it's only been a few days but again, why do you care?" 

Ben bit his lower lip and took a step forward with a strange sparkle in his light brown eyes. "I.. actually, Violetta... I really like Alice."

"You what?" Violetta scoffed in disbelief. 

"I like Alice," he repeated a little louder.

"Since when?!"

Ben took dreamy sigh, his lips stretching into a smile, "since I saw her for the first time and we bumped into each other when she was leaving from your house."

Violetta's jaw dropped at the confession. "Seriously? That's... I don't know. That's weird!"

"What do you mean by weird? You should be happy to hear that a handsome and charming guy like me fancy your friend." 

"Handsome and charming? Yeah, right," she laughed, rolling her eyes yet again. 

"You can't deny that," Ben smirked. "Why don't you help me out?"

Violetta's eyes narrowed, "help you out? You want me to set you up with her?" 

Ben nodded, his eyes shining with hope. 

"Nope. Not happening," she straight up denied but inside, she couldn't help but giggle at the notion. Ben was annoying, sure, but she had known him since years and she knew he wasn't a bad guy and she couldn't deny his good looks either. 

"Oh, cmon. You can at least do this much for me. Remember when I repaired your laptop for free? Or, when I gifted you a plush toy that looked like you?"

"It was a freaking Baby Yoda plush!" Violetta smacked his arm while he threw his head back and roared with laughter.

"But it was adorable," He stopped laughing and said. "Please, Violetta. Can't you do this little favor to me?" Ben pleaded, giving her puppy eyes and pursing his lips into a pout. 

Violetta stared at him for a few seconds before sighing, "Fine, I'll think about it." 

"I'll consider that a yes. Thanks Violetta!" Ben exclaimed, his eyes gleaming. 

"Hey, I didn't―"

"Alright, I will see you later." He turned on his heel and darted away before she could complete her sentence. 

"I said, I'll think about it!" Violetta yelled loud enough for him to hear before shaking her head and proceeding to finish her work. 

Later that night, she lied in her bed after talking on call with Kim who had told her that he's going to Toronto for their next concert and will be back in five days. 

Taehyung had probably discerned her dismay by the way her voice had sulked when she was informed about his leave. He had told her he would take her to dinner when he comes back. A surge of warmth had spread through her body upon hearing that. She had expressed her desire to have lunch or dinner with him on their first meeting. He remembered. It was crazy how he remembered even the things she had said and forgot herself.

She knew how occupied he was and was grateful that he had managed to meet her twice despite the tough schedule. She knew she had spent enough time with her in the duration of two days but it wasn't enough for her. Her heart craved for more. She wanted to feel his presence more. 

Why though, she mused, turning over in her bed. Why was she thinking about him all the time? Why did her heart race everytime she looked into his dark eyes? 

What was Kim Taehyung doing to her?