N I N E

During the reading of this chapter, or before you read the chapter listen to the song: "cold December night" by Michael Buble, it will set the mood and its a really amazing song, link above 🤍

I walked up to the front porch of my hometown house.

I missed bayside.

A few months had passed and I was now home for winter break.

If your wondering what had happened within those few months, nothing really.

Things had been sorted out with Kelly and Mr. Lasky. She dropped his class and we all never really spoke of what happened that night ever again.

Besides that,

It was Christmas Eve.

The reef on the door hung right in the center.

I knocked on the door and behind it revealed my mom.

She smiled at me bringing me into a warm hug.

"I've missed you so much, I can't wait to hear all about your college experiences" she says bring me into the house.

I set my suitcase down and make my way to the kitchen we're I expected to see my dad.

"Where's dad?" I ask.

My mom sighs. "He doesn't live here anymore"

"What do you mean?" I ask, my heart starting to race.

"Well we got into an argument, while you were away" she says. "We divorced"

My eyes brim with tears, though they don't spill out.

"Oh" I say.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry. I can give you the address if you wanna see him" she says holding my hands in her own.

"No, it's fine, we'll have a Christmas together" I say.

I sit down and she passes me some cookies she made.

I smile eating one.

"So tell me, how's college? How's the study's? How are the boys?" She asks.

"I love college, the classes aren't too difficult" I say. "And have you talked with Ms. Morris lately?"

"Sometimes yeah" she says.

"Zack transferred" I say. "Too be with me"

She gasps. "That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard someone do for a girl"

"Yeah, so I'm back together with him" I say.

"Oh that's great! I'm very glad I invited them over later for dinner" She says.

"awe that's great!" I say.

She smiles.

the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it" I say getting up from my seat to answer the door.

I open it to reveal Zack.

"Hi" I say kissing his cheek. "How was your flight?"

"Fine" he says "do you mind maybe going on a little Christmas Eve date before dinner tonight?" He asks.

I turn to my mom who gives the thumbs up.

"I would love to" I say grabbing my winter coat and walking out the door with him.

-

"Zack I don't know how to do this!" I say standing up with my skates on.
Zack grabs both my hands.