Out loud

"tell me what makes you so anxouis about this whole thing? the people? you're deeply scared of the dark? what is it?" he questioned with a tilted head, he looked like a puppy. To me it was the first time I ever seen green eyes, and I have to admit coming from a blue eye like me. They are very intriguing.

"I guess you can say the people" I shrugged as he nodded, basically taking a mental note "I thought you go to parties?" "i do.." i trailed while fiddling with my fingers. "You have me and edwin and your friend elliott" "sure" i dryly replied "I guess you can say im terrified of running into my ex, terrified that I'll pull something stupid" i finally confessed.

August tapped his finger on the bench humming softly before turning towards me "we can go for a bit and if you do happen to see them, you and me both can have our own seprate bonfire at a diferent place" "you'll do that for me?" "anything for a friend" he smiled "i suppose I can go."

"perfect, lets tell the news to edwin" he excitedly said basically  jumping out of his seat "if that makes you happy" I chuckled already walking back to my dorm with him.

-

Edwin sat on hs bed with his legs crossed carefully examining his paper, August pratically shone behind me with the biggest smile on his face revealing  his dimples.

"just checking my sentence structure is beautiful" he smiled at us both "beautfiul" i chuckled as i pulled the bean bag out, august plop himself down on it causing edwin to set his papers down and stare at him, like that trigged him a bit "so how are two doing today?" he glanced towards me "i suppose amazing" i kicked my shoes off "amazing news edwin. our buddy here is joining us on the bonfire" "I love it, you do have a way with words august" he scoot himself off the bed "ill see you two later, what im assuming since our august here got himself fully comfortble. I will be in the gym" he reached for the gym bag beside his bed rushes his way out of the room. He then paused and stood by the door "elliott would love to hear the news,message him lucas" he says before shutting the door

I rolled my eyes, throwing myself back on the bed "whats next August?" i huffed turning on my side "where our next adventure" i gave him the soft smile as he played with his fingers "you tell me lulu" he strarted to laugh in his hands before making eye contact with me "gross nickname auggie" i replied making him scrunch up his name "shut up, only my mom can call me that" "so you ARE a momma's boy" "and what?" he moved himself on my bed.

"its whatever momma's boy"i laid back on my bed "why is it that you get annoyed when elliott is mentioned?" he randomly blurted out, i sat up quickly "what?' "yeah you get so soft" he exclaimed "is he the reason you dont wanna go? is he your toxic friend? or like your lover? but that wouldnt make any sense since edwin keeps mentioning him"  he finished while tapping his finger on his leg, my mouth hung open "how?" I asked "it's a blessing and a curse I like to say" he nodded "so what is it?" "Nothing" "we both know that's a lie" he huffed with widen eyes.

I chuckle "thank you for examining incorrectly, just small memories of my ex pop up when his name is brought up. We use to go on double dates" I lied, august hum softly "I see" he nodded.

"Have any annoying ex?" I brought up "actually yes, they use to stalk me for fun" he sighed "that's really.. weird sorry to bring up the topic" I apologized "it's all good, you know what lucas tell me more about yourself" he glanced up at me.

"My ex is the only reason why I'm here right now" "college wise?" "Yes" "that's something.. so we're both weird people?" He asked I nodded my head "it's okay we're cool" he mumble before I started to laugh.

"You know what lucas, I really like your eyes" he mentioned "coming from a green eye like you, I appreciate it" "wow two cool dudes with cool eyes, imagine if we could switch eyeballs"

I looked up at him furrowing my eyebrows giving him the concerning look. "We would just trade one" he nodded as if that could make it better "august.." I started "is this apart of your crazy three a.m thoughts?" "No, these are my everyday thoughts" "cool.." I whispered nodding my head, I lied it was very concerning.

"You don't have any off, weird concerning thoughts?" He asked "well I thought someone loved me back" "is this about your ex again lucas?" "No.."

"Let it all out" "I don't know where to start" "if it helps I'm still in the closet, you and my ex girlfriend are the only ones who know this" he shrugged, as his eyes dropped down to his hands. He looked so nervous and regretful.

I nodded my head "I think I am too.." I whispered feeling my stomach start to ache, was I even ready to say that out loud? Thoughts start to race through my head, and I could feel my breathing start to get heavier. Why did I say that? I wasn't even ready, the first guy I actually fell for doesn't even feel the same.

"Lucas" august called my name out loud, making me snapped towards him. His eyes widen "are you okay?" He said as he wrapped one of my arms around me, I could feel tears stream down my face. I was just lost and confused.

He patted me gently "it's okay" "I just don't understand... I was like some hidden secret to him. And now he's starting a family like there was nothing going on between us" I cried "I'm sad to say this but it happens" he mumble with sad eyes "this happens?" I said out loud while wiping my eyes "this is horrible! How can someone do this!" "Who's the asshole?" He asked, I shake my head "I can't"

"I'm always here if you ever wanna speak and no need to worry, your secret is kept with me" he said as he kept patting my back "I hope the bonfire would atleast give your head a break" "that's the thing, it's Elliott" I blurted out "so I was right.." he smiled quickly put the straight face on "oh, I see."