rain

"I adore walks, especially while it rains" I uttered under my breath, I was extremely bored but as my head laid on top of my hands, I was laying on the bed staring out the window, watching the rain pour as Edwin turned in his chair slowly.

"Take yourself out" he threw out as he didn't remove his eyes away from the book, he twirled his pen in one of his hands looking very busy.

"August makes it fun, he has an umbrella and he tells cool stories" I sighed "then invite him over" Edwin suggested "I did, he's coming over"

I grinned "if that's okay" I added as Edwin nodded scratching his chin.

He closed his book throwing it to the side as he rubbed his eyes gently "we should do something today" he yawned "you can walk with us, I'm telling you August sunshine energy is what we all need on this boring day" I said before hearing a knock on the door.

"Come in" Edwin shouted, august walked in as he removed his jacket and shoes pushing them to the side of the room.

"Do you see how beautiful it is outside Lucas?" He excitedly asked, I sat myself up "of course I did, I was mentioning that to Edwin" "excited for spring break?" Edwin asked as he offered a string cheese to August. August snatched away as he sat himself on my bed "of course I am, looking forward to see my parents" "Lucas and I are going to this cabin thing, it would be for a couple of days of course" he nodded "you should come join us" August sat and thought for a bit "let me think about it" he held the cheese up and pointed it towards him.

"Its very snowy" I added making me want to hear August change his response, he hummed softly as his lips scrunched to the side of his mouth "i'll think about it, lets go out for a walk" he suggested "of course who wouldn't say no to that" i laughed before another knock was heard on the door we immediately got sliet.

Everyone's eyes fell on me, I could feel my cheeks warm up from embarrassment.

"We have to answer" august sighed "no ew" edwin rolled his eyes "he heard us, im pretty sure and its dead quiet now" "fine, I will but i'll lie of course"  "if its okay with lucas" august said making their eyes fall upon on me again "what if its not even him" I said with hope.

Edwin held his finger up to his lips signify for us to stay quiet as he moved his way to the door creaking it open a bit "Elliott!" he said "Edwin" elliott replied with a bit excitement "is lucas here?" he asked, edwin shake his head "I think he went to go buy a smoothie or the weirdo is just wandering around" he lied, there was a short pause what im assuming was a long nod of elliott "tell him to reply to my messages" he finally spoke out "of course but I think lucas lost his phone as well" 'oh.." elliott muttered "well i'll see you around" he quickly said as he left leaving edwin to close the door with his back.

He held a yikes expression, a bit part of me was sad of course but also angry with elliott. Wondering what made him come here and just hear the dumb explaination he had for what I heard the other day. I somewhat wanted to look under my bed for my phone, but I didn't want to. As stupid as this sounds but the phone held to much good and bad memories that I couldnt just deal with it anymore and everytime i used it the reek of embarrassment always took over me, I use to call my mom over edwins phone but my mom felt so bad that my 'old' phone was stolen that she replaced it with a new one.

"He had a lot balls to come here"August uttered in disbelief "yeah" i sighed "oh come on, I hope that ruined our walk" he patted my back. 

-

"I never understood why people go to snowy places during spring break, we now have three days of extra winter" I said to edwin as I shoved a few shirts in my suitcase "lucas you'll love the place, plus the snow is a bit melted i have so many things plans for us" he grinned "there will be those cool hangout place where we all cook and eat and just talk to people" he sat back on the bed with big dreamy eyes "after all that we can even go back to our cabin and just cuddle into our nice cozy pjs while sipping on a nice milkshake that I of course made" he winked.

"Sounds magical" I laughed as I zipped up my suitcase "all set" i patted the bag as I threw it down lightly on the floor "perfect, i also packed us a few snacks for the way" he held a small lunch bag, he was always prepared and that very cool and sweet of him. Very blessed to have this roommate, again and I will forever state that.

"Hurry lets go to the bus, before they leave us" he nudged my softly, I let out a small huff as I pulled the suitcase behind me. I was looking forward to this.