Views

We sat around the small round table, I wiped my mouth with the napkin pushing it the side as I heard the conversation between August and Edwin. Spring break was over and I was very sad to be back. Everything about this school year was very tiring I was on my last brain cell and I don't think it's capable to work any longer.

"Why are you so quiet?" August chuckled nudging me afterwards, I shrugged taking another small bite out of my grill cheese. Edwin gave me a slight look causing August to gasp "what did I miss?" He asked "nothing" Edwin lied forcing another handful of fries in his mouth.

I swallowed my food "nothing, I mean Elliott and I are friends" I managed to say while taking a sip out of my lemonade. August sighed as he rolled his eyes "again? What's a jerk like him deserve a second chance" he uttered.

"He changed-" "and how would you know that? What if it's some sick game he's playing" August eyebrows lowered. I started to shake my head "it's not" "let me state it again, how would you know that" he hummed, Edwin sat staring down at his food.

"Because I just know, alright?" I huffed "we're staying as friends and that's final. You can even ask Edwin we weren't even all over each other, we each had our own space" i laid my head in my hands. Edwin head slowly picked up as he nodded.

"Great" August mumble "he made me happy alright?" I said with arms forward and palms out "he made you go through shit lucas, you don't do that to people who you love" "he didn't mean to" "he's getting to your head" August said, I noticed that he stopped eating and so did I.

"I just know he has good intentions, so let's just drop this subject" "god I'm tired of him!" August shouted.

"We're hanging out with him this afternoon" Edwin quietly mumble, August head immediately turned "you have to be kidding me, is he serious?" He asked I nodded.

-
Elliott's hands were placed over my eyes, I held onto the sleeves of his sweater as we carefully walked down the rocky pathway. I could just feel the death stare from August, I'm not even sure if Elliott was feeling it or maybe just pushing it off the side because he just seemed all too excited.

Finally I felt a small tug and his hands slowly lift away "ta da" he grinned widely. There stood a beautiful view of the woods and the river running through the place. There was a small ledge and we all slowly made our way to it staring down at the water below.

Edwin kicked a small rock in hearing the plop it made as it hit the water "cute" he muttered "right" Elliott smiled "let's all get our seats and enjoy the beautiful sunset we are about to watch" he kissed his fingers "chef kisses, the way the water and sun blend at the moment"

He eagerly walked back to the safe side, pushing the foldable chairs open. He gently placed his backpack on the ground, taking a small lunch box out. Great. We were going to eat small pieces of sandwiches and probably two sips of apple juice. Edwin is going to flame his ass.

"I cut you up some fruit, and I have some veggies all on the side" he held it up to Edwin who's eyes shined so bright.

"That's amazing, thank you" he took it off his hands, Elliott then shoved his hand back in as he pulled out a small bag "I tried my very best to keep them warm but I got you some bagels" he said to August who smiled "thank you" he grabbed the bag and as soon as Elliott eyes removed away from his. August rolled his eyes in annoyance, it of course hurt me. He was trying his very best and that's what matter to me. We should've never brought August along if he was going to kill the mood.

"Lucas catch" Elliott yelled as my attention snapped to him for a quick second, holding my arms out to a small box of poptarts "thanks" i nodded.

"Is that some inside joke to you guys now?" Edwin questioned "some what" Elliott responded "I couldn't bring him spaghetti, that's his favorite" "you know Elliott, you could've kept it warm right?" Edwin slowly said.

"I know but I also was very lazy" he pushed his lips to the side before giving me a small apology. I shake my head holding the box up "no worries, this will keep me full. I love it.."

August gave the stank eye as he threw himself on the chair "let the show begin" he clapped his hands together.

"It's worth it, you'll see" he smiled again "so August tell us about your boyfriend" Edwin shoved a pineapple piece in his mouth "boyfriend? Who is it" Elliott included himself in.

August immediately blushed staring down at the bagels in such shyness "hes sweet, has the most amazing eyes-" "you mentioned that, it's hard to believe someone has nicer eyes than you" I chuckled.

"Was that flirting?" Edwin chuckled "no you idiot it was a compliment, but trust me they're very beautiful. Well to me, because the way I look in them.." he cleared his throat. My eyes went towards Elliott who was already staring he gave me an awkward chuckle before looking away.

"Maybe this was a corny idea" Elliott scratched the back of his neck "no, it's nice up here" August pointed. Our heads turned to the sunset, watching the colors blend as the sun slowly start to fall and then the moon started to rise. It was so nice, I just wished I could capture the moment. Maybe if I was good enough with paint I would paint this moment.

We all stayed quiet, before there was hardly any pink or purple in the sky.

"Ed, wanna go get some sticks with me? I brought stuff to make s'mores" "perfect" Edwin immediately got up with Elliott, leaving into the woods.

"So what's the future like between you two?" August questioned, I started to shake my head while breaking my poptart into pieces. Taking small bits of it in my mouth.

"Oh please, the way you looked at each other earlier was no joke" he chuckled "no future" I finally responded.

The way that August sometimes supported the relationship and then next thing you know it, he wanted us to go our own separate ways is what I felt with the whole thing. Sometimes I would be with the idea and then other days I liked the idea of being friends. But the thing that made me different from Elliott, was I wasn't showing any signs of hope of something growing between us. Everything was blank to him.

"I see.." he trailed "so when are we going to meet your boyfriend?" I asked. August laughed shaking his head as well, August deserved all the sweet love. I'm not sure if I could say the same for myself, I mean I cheated on my girlfriend.

Just going through the memories I was embarrassed and so ashamed of myself. Before I go in further into this book i created in my head, Edwin and Elliott came back with a bunch of sticks "bonjour je suis cold" Edwin sighed throwing the sticks on the floor. Very ass French, coming from Edwin. That was very ass.

"You know.. guys with accents are very hot" August brought up, I furrowed my brows thinking for a bit before even speaking up "is this some hint?" I blurted out.

"Are you dating someone from France?" Edwin yelled "or are we feeling like Aron piper and moving to spain?" I added "nah what if he's dating someone who's Korean?" Elliott kept adding on.