7

Ciara

I froze at the sighting of Quinten, it was as if the life that I possessed just instantly left my body. I knew it was him, and to confirm it, Malik had already shouted my name out to make matters worst. I noticed another woman that stood close by to Quinten start to become agitated as she realized that Quinten's focus and attention was on me.

I was so overwhelmed at the moment that the only thing I knew I could do was run, and that's exactly what I did. I ran as fast as my feet took me, not looking back to idle. Before I knew it I ran into the change room. But little did I know that Quinten was hot on my trail.

I remained quiet as I saw him close the door behind him, I wasn't so sure of what he would do, maybe he followed me to beat me up again? Or maybe he wanted answers, either way I didn't care at this point.

"Ciara?." He said in somewhat of an insure tone.

My eyes met his and my fingers started to shake, a true sign that I was nervous, never in a million years I wouldn't have dreamt that I would see Quinten here, in New York, out of all the clubs in Atlanta and in the other 49 states, Malik had to chose this one in New York.

"Ciara!?." His tone of voice had changed and it was gradually more bolder.

"Why are you even here?." I questioned, I was genuinely confused and wondered why this nigga ran after me.

"So it is you." He gradually approached me and stood a few centimetres away from me. "I can't believe this shit." He chuckled, and it was not a regular laugh, it was more of a 'this can't be fucking true' laugh.

I still hadn't said a word, and what made my blood bold even more was the fact that he was interfering with my shift. Loosing money is never a vibe.

"Look, if you didn't realize, I'm fucking working, it's neither the time or place for this shit so please please, go back to what you were doing." I said as I crossed my arms.

"I haven't seen you for almost 2 years and you think I'm about to leave? You gotta be outta' your mind." He smirked.

"This isn't a fucking joke Quinten, you're getting in the way of my bread and I don't like that." I said as I tried to move pass him, but he grabbed my arm which restricted any further movements.

"We're not about to do this." I laughed as I shook my head. "You know what just leave man." I said as I became more frustrated, I pushed passed him and went towards my locker where I roughly grabbed my belongings, with my anger, my phone had fell which caused me to huff. I just accepted my losses for the night because I just wanted to go home and see my baby.

He just watched from a far until he picked up my phone. "Who's child is this?." He asked as he had my phone.

I quickly snatched it from his hand.

"Ciara, who's fucking child is this!." He yelled, his voice bellowed and I could tell he was getting angrier.

Today was not the day, and it was not the right place to tell this man that, that was his child so I remained quiet as I pulled on my sweats over my outfit.

"I'm not fucking playing with you Ciar-."

"What the fuck is going on in here!." John said, John was my boss and the look on his face spelt trouble.

"Can someone please say some thing!." He yelled once again.

"He's an old friend." I said as my voice trailed off. "I was not expecting.. at all." I emphasized. Some how John picked up on my cue and he seemed less intimidating.