8

~time skip~
Yukii's POV:
I can't sleep...again...
I get out of bed and start walking in the hallways. Why is it so difficult falling asleep again...against my own will, I find myself walking toward the stairs from last time..
Was the voice I heard just in my mind.....
It wouldn't bother just going for. A quick look right?
lucifer:What's going on, Yukii? Out for a stroll?
I jump in suprise. Why does he always appear out of nowhere when I'm here?!
Lucifer: i keep running into you here, don't I? It seems you are really curious about what's at the top of this staircase.
His smile falters and a shiver runs down my spine.
Lucifer: unless I'm mistaken, I believe I told you that it's not a place humans have any business going.
His expression becomes once again kind of, neutral.
Lucifer: if you can't sleep, perhaps I should make you some tea? Something that will help you have a goodnight sleep.
He lets a small huff escape himself.
Lucifer: you should probably know that it's a bit too effective on humans, to the point you may find that you'll never wake up again. You get what I'm saying here, right? Go back to your room.
I'm scared..
he smiles at me.
Lucifer: Goodnight, Yukii.
I turn around and start Walking back to my room. He's so scary... It seems I won't be able to find out what's at the top of that staircase unless he's around...
~time skip~
Mammon lets a sigh escape from his soul and I raise my eyes from my plate.
Mammon: why do I gotta be stuck here with you three first thing in the morning, having to look at your face while trying to eat my breakfast.
Marylynn: having to look at your face first thing in the morning isn't pleasant either.
He glares at her.
Mammon: to us demons,eating a human like you is a special sorta treat, understand? Yet, I am not allowed to do that. I've gotta sir and l eat my breakfast instead.
He continues blabbing about how it's unfair having to eat his breakfast and bla bla bla..
Marylynn: where's Satan?
Mammon: hell if I know.as if I care where goody two-shoes is.
Marylynn roles her eyes and continues playing with her fork, twirling it in a round with her fingers. She isn't a big eater in the morning...
mammon: Hey, pay attention when I'm talk in' to ya, dunce! Or do these ears of yours don't work?!
I look over at Aoi, she's just glaring at whatever she can..
mammon: anyways, I'm sure the others have already scurried off to class and left me to look after ya on my own, the punks. Dammit. They're all rotten, every single last one of 'em. This all goes back to lucifer! Getting stuck having to look after humans, ending up in a pact, everything bad is his fault! The way Levi's haircut is so lame, and Satan's horns are so stupid-lookin', and Lucifers feet are so putrid, all of it is lucifer's fault!....Not that I've ever actually smelled his feet, but still!!
I think I'm the only one actually listening to him...maybe..since Aoi as the power to control him, could I ask him questions..
me: what's at the top of the stairs?
Mammon: HEY, I TOLD you to listen to me when I'm TALKIN' to you! I was try in' to tell you about Lucifer's fe—
I flinch when he speaks louder. Why are they all so much scarier than us..
mammon:...wait what stairs? Are you talkin' about the stairs that lead up into the attic?
Me: y-yeah...
mammon: oh mannn, there you go again, stickin' your nose where it doesn't belong...Now listen, do you know the secret to getting people to tell you stuff? Go ahead, and tell me.
Me:..proper manners..?
Marylynn: Yukii, he means money.
Mammon: EXACTLY! Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! I guess you DO get it Blue hair!
She groans something under her breath and he turns back toward me.
Mammon: if ya wanna pry valuable information outta someone, you've got to offer 'em proper compensation!!
I don't have any Money..
Mammon: Wait a second...Uh oh, I know what this is about! You tried to climb those stairs,but Lucifer stopped you,right? That's totally it isn't it??
Me: YES!
I almost jump out of my chair and the other two got scared.
Pay back.
Mammon: well, the there's something you really need to get straight now. If you think you can just offer Mammon here a little bit of money and he'll spill the beans, you're dead wrong.
I sink back down in my chair, discouragement hitting me harshly. He scratches the back of his neck.
Mammon: I mean, pretend I told you something I shouldn't and lucifer would beat me half to death. Actually, I'd be lucky if that's all he did. If I WEREN'T lucky, he'd have me eliminated. It'd take a good two hundred million years to from that. Still, if you're bound and determined to buy this information off of me....then you'll have to offer me, let's see....How about the monetary equivalent of the worlds total oil production? Two hundred millions of years worth. That might do it. In other words, I ain't gonna tell ya. Is that clear enough for ya,blockhead?
he's so mean...I clench my fists and my jaw.
Marylynn: huh. Afraid of lucifer, are you?
Mammon: WHAT?! Whoa, what'd you just say? You think IM actually afraid of Lucifer? Me, the avatar of greed? You've gotta be kidding me! I'm not the least bit afraid of him, got it? Not even a little!
Marylynn: be honest,though. You're scared, aren't you?
Mammon: I told you, I'm not! I mean, that's crazy! Listen now, most of the time, I don't let people see the full extent of my power! What I'm sayin' is that even if I did face off against someone like lucifer, I wouldn't even have to use all of my strength to win! Understand?!
Marylynn: then tell Yukii what's up those stairs.
She used psychology against him...
mammon turns toward me.
Mammon: all right, fine! I will! You couldn't get up the stairs because Lucifer's blocking the way, right?! You need to do somethin' to get rid of him,right?! Well, guess what? Distracting Lucifer is easy as pie! Listen up, 'cause I'm only saying this once, so, clean outta your ears for a change and pay attention!
I lean over the table to hear better.
Mammon: you know that serie that Levi likes? What was it called... the..the serie..seven ways of getting rich quickly... wait no that's the book I was reading the other day.
Aoi lets out a sigh and rubs her temples.
Marylynn: The tale of the seven lords
Mammon: yeah, right that's the one. Anyways, you need to get your hands on a vynil edition copy of the soundtrack for that tale of the seven whatsawhosit. If you have that, you can use it to distract Lucifer No Problem! Don't ask me why, 'cause I have no idea why Lucifer's interested in something like that either. But if you wanna climb those stairs, you're gonna have to start by gettin' your hands on that soundtrack.
Me: help me do it!
Mammon: wha? I don't understand. Why should I help you? If ya want that soundtrack, go see Levi and work it out with him yourself, dummy.
Me: b-b-but!
Marylynn: I will help you Yukii. Don't mind this dumbass.
I look at her.
Me: right, you know this serie a little don't you? Plus you did talk to Levi already...
Mary: yes.
Aoi: I'll come too.
Me: thanks you!
Aoi pov:
As much as i don't like them sticking they're nose in everything, I'm kind of curious too. I walk toward the girls and stop in my track.
Mammon: Welp, time for me to go. As much as I hate goin' to class, I don't have much of a—
Ah, yeah. I forgot to do...that..
Me: Mammon, Come!
He suddenly gets up and starts walking toward us.
Mammon: HEY! Wh-whats goin' on?! Dammit, my body..it's movin' on its own!
He stumbles beside us.
Mammon: Grrrr...!F-Fine, all right I'll go with you, okay?!
Yukii smiles brightly for the first time in the devildom.
Yukii: thanks you!
Me: come on, it's annoying let's go!
I start walking again.
Mammon: AK! It feels like you've got some kinda invisible cord tied around my neck....aaaaah, stop pullin' on it!!
I move my arm again.
Mammon: I said STOOOOOPP! 
I smirk at him.
Marylynn was right.
It's kind of fun.