10

~the next morning~
Marylynn's POV:
Mammon: ok so let's go over this one more time.
Me: again?
Mammon: Yukii wants to get into the attic at the top of the stairs. But Lucifer's Standing in her way. She needs to do something about him. Which is why ya need the cursed vynil edition of the tale of the seven lords soundtrack. I mean,I don't understand why Lucifer cares so much about somethin' like that either, but whatever. The point is that, she asked for your nerd self for help. Levi as the soundtrack, and ya need to borrow it from him. And the only way to do that is to get him to like you by rewatching TSL to be a TSL nerd just like him. So, we were up all last night watching a marathon session of every TSL DVD. Now it's time for a review. I'll quiz you to see just how well you understand it. Well let's start with TSL DVD Volume 2. After falling in a trap set by Henry and the lord of shadow, the Lord of fools is forced to flee to the north.When he gets there,he finds his former sweetheart's body Frozen in ice. What's her name?
Me: easyyyy, Geldie.
Mammon: Correct. Eh, thought anyone could've gotten that right, as easy as it was. All right lets hit DVD Volume 5 next. Hostile Forces from another land invade The lord of Flies' country, surrounding and isolating him so his people will starve. So, the lord of fools tries to help his brother. The lord of fools means well, but his efforts backfire. As a result, the lord of flies ends up in an even worse situation. The reason for this has to do with the supply of food that the lord of fools sends. Tell me what the problem was?
Me: the food had spoiled.
Mammon: Right. The lord of the fools really did mean well, but a long rainy spell caused the food he sent to spoil. Ugh, every single time I think about that it, it makes me wanna cry....
Me: oh come on you sensible man!
Mammon: stop! All right, time to move on. Next up is DVD volume7. The lord of corruption impressions the lord of emptiness in the tower of shadow, refusing to forgive his brother for leading a rebellion against him. The other lords lament the fate of their youngest brother, but there's nothing they can do to help him. Why is that?
Me: they were afraid of the lord of corruption.
Mammon: great.Looks like you can do this when ya really out your mind to it.
Me : I'm not dumb mammon. And I've seen that serie before.
Mammon: you may seem like an airhead, but I've gotta admit, you did pretty well. I'd say you should be able to convince Levi that ya know your stuff at this point.
Levi: ...Hey,Human.
Mammon:...Ah,speak of the devil...
Levi: I heard what you're up to,human. Seems that you're trying to suck up to me so I'll like you.
Mammon: whaddya mean? Who told you that?
Levi: it's no use playing dumb. I heard it from lucifer.
Mammon: Lucifer? How the hell does he end up hearing every single thing that gets said around here?
Levi: that's not important. You know, I've heard it said that the time a fool spends thinking is WASTED time. I think that applies here. You're lucky to have so much time on your hands that you can sit around thinking up schemes like this. There's so much anime I need to watch, so many figurines and trading cards I need to organize, so many games I need to play just sitting there pilled up.... as much as I wish I could watch a marathon of every TSL DVD, I don't have the time...so why'd YOU get to have so much free time? It's so not fair.
Mammon: Ah! I was waiting for him to say that. Levi's signature line: «it's so not fair.»
Levi: shut up,Mammon.you're an idiot.
Mammon: you know,Levi, you need to start showin'  your older brother some more respect!
Leviathan sighs and turns toward me.
Levi: Anyway, I don't know what it is you're plotting, but I'm not about to get all buddy-buddy with some human normie, understand? I'm not like mammon, get that in your head.
Mammon: hey! It's not like I'm buddy-buddy with these humans either! My body obey's the orders on its own, wether i like it or not. Like when I'm told to watch a 12hours long Series with Another human!
Levi: don't go getting ideas in your head, human.
Mammon: hey! Don't just ignore me!
Me: Let's compete to see who the biggest TSL fan is!
I walk closer to him.
Levi: what? Where did that come from? Do you seriously think you could beat me in a competition involving TSL? Haha, that's hilarious! lololol.
Me: I'm serious.
Levi: As if I'd actually accept a challenge like that. I mean, I already know what the outcome  would be.
Me: Are you afraid of loosing, Leviathan?
He seems surprised.
Levi: excuse me? Did you process anything I just said? Where are you getting this idea of that I might actually lose to you?
I get even closer in his face, taunting him.
Me: I knew it..you ARE actually afraid, then?
His expression changes again. Even more surprised and On his offensive mode.
Levi: excuse me? EXCUSE ME?! Are you processing ANYTHING I'm saying here?!
I back away and a smile dusts my lips.
Me: Levi's a chicken!
Levi: hey! Watch what you say, Human!
Me: Levi's a No-life!
Levi: Watch it!
Mammon: I can't argue with ya there..
Me: Levi's a...
Levi:....fine. If that's what you want, I'll do it.
I smile proudly and put my hands on my hips.
Levi: I accept your challenge. We'll compete to see which one of us loves TSL more, you or me. Just one thing,though. If you lose, you might never make it back to the human world alive. But you still want to do this, right?
Me: yeah.
He smiles.
Levi: okay.
~time skip~
Satan: Hello there, Marylynn.
Me: oh hello.
Satan: I heard about what's happening. It seems you and Levi are going to have a little competition.
Beelzebub:...are you hoping to find out what's in the attic room? Is that it?
Me: not really no..well not me. I'm doing this to borrow Levi's TSL soundtrack. Yukii needs it.
Beelzebub: because Yukii Is going to use it to distract Lucifer, right?
Me: how did you-
Beelzebub: mammon already told me. There's no need to try and hide it.
Me: that Scumbag..
Beelzebub: I'll tell you in on a piece of information. Levi is the demon of envy. If you can work him into a jealous frenzy, he'll lose control of himself. Then he'll be guaranteed to slip up somehow, giving you an opening you can exploit. Just one thing though. If Levi, does lose control of himself, your life will also be in danger.
Me: thanks for the information Beel..
beel: if you want to thanks me, give me food.
Me: I don't have anything on me sorry..
He starts smilling.
Beel: you can buy me a megaton-size bowl of pasta with Mixed entrails.and i'd like that topped off with some sliced anaconda, fried tarantulas, and Nile crocodile brains.
That sounds disgusting..
I give him a small polite smile and a nod, trying not to show my disgust on my face.
Satan: I'll give you a piece of advice,too.
I turn toward the blondie.
Satan: the DVD version of TSL is up to season 7 now. That's the most recent release. Meanwhile, the original book version is up to volume 8 at this point.
I nod. He smiles slightly.
Satan: Volume 9 of the book isn't out yet. But if you want to know what's going to happen in it, you should ask Simeon.
Oh, the pretty angel..
Me: why would Simeon know something like that?
He frowns slightly and raises an eyebrow.
Satan: don't ask me...ask him...Also, it just so happens that it's in my best interest for you to beat Levi.
...
I Roll my eyes and sigh.
Me: of course..
~time skip~
Mammon: so let me get this straight...so your telling me that Satan and Beel,both have you hints for how to defeat Levi?
Me: yeah.
Aoi: well that's nice..
Mammon: ya don't say...how VERY interesting....well you know why they did that though, right? It's all because I'm look in' after ya'll. You've got mammon to thank for this. Okay so here's the deal, these two are givin' you the special treatment because they know that I'm the one in charge of yall. They want me to be pleased with them, ya see!
Me: yeaaaaah, totally...
Mammon: so, whaddya say about that? NOW you get it, doncha! It's clear how important I am, and how much my younger brothers respect me!
Me: are you insane?
Aoi: Marylynn..
Mammon: WHA?! Whaddya mean am I insane?! Look at me...do I look insane to you? No! And another thing...you REALLY need to learn how to show some respect toward demons,got it?
Aoi: see, I told you.
Mammon: ugh. Forget it. Let's get down to business. We need to figure out what our strategy's gonna be with this Levi thing. First off, what beel told you is right. If you can make Levi jealous, he's bound to lose his cool. Thought there's no guarantee he won't kill ya if that happens.
Aoi: then don't make him jealous.
Mammon: but that's how it's gotta be. There's no way you'll beat Levi in a competition over Who's the bigger TSL nerd. Not if you fight fair. You'd best face up to the fact that this is gonna involve a little risk.
Yukii: she's not gonna get hurt..right?
Mammon: like, a chance on 25..
Yukii: that's low right...
Mammon:....So,we've gotta figure out how you're gonna manage to make him jealous. He may be called the avatar of envy, But it's hard to make him give in to it. Instead of getting super jealous of you, he'll get all negative about his own situation. He'll start talkin' about how «it's not fair» and you're «lucky» and stuff. You're not going to be able to get him to lose his cool just by doing a little bragging. No, you're gonna have to do somethin' to make him REAL Jealous. So jealous that he nearly pops a blood vessel.hmm...maybe we oughta so someone for advice.
Me: How about we ask a certain angel.
Mammon:Ah,yeah, Satan did say somethin' about talking to Simeon, didn't he? Said you should ask him about the next TSL novel—the one that's not out yet. And actually, I'm stun' to find out what's gonna happen myself. still though, why would simeon know what's gonna happen in the next TSL book when it's not even out yet? Eh, whatever, let's just go talk to him and see what he says. Aoi, stay here with Yukii.
Aoi: yeah yeah. As if I was gonna leave her side.
With that, I head off to seek Simeon's advice. I can only hope it'll help me figure out how to make Leviathan jealous...