13

Yukii's POV:
???: ....Yukii...Finally, no one is going to stop you..Now's your chance! Come, this way Yukii!!
As I hear the voice I start going up the stairs faster. A hallway comes into view, but a weird door catches my attention. It's full of holes... and a figure is there, clutching the bars of the door.
???: i knew you were the one Person who'd be able to find me.
He nods, a smile on his face. He as bluish-grey hair with white on the ends, and long bangs that cover his right eye. violet to pink gradient to his left.
The hands clutching the bars have Cyan nail polish on them..
like all of the other brothers..
Me: who are you? What are you doing here? How long have you been-
???: woh..uh, who am I....
he seems to stare off into the distance, lost.
???: I forgot who I was a long time ago.. I'm not in here because of my free will, that should be obvious. And, I don't know how long I've been in here..it's been a very long time...
My eyes land shortly on the colourful nails.
Me:...Are you a demon?
He frowns.
???: don't be ridiculous! Just the thought of being one of them is enough to send a shiver down my spine.
A human?!
He nods.
???: I'm a human, just like you.
I don't trust him on that...
???: a demon imprisoned me here a long time ago, and I've been stuck here since. It was lucifer, I guess you've met him.
An angry frown appears on his face and he seems disgusted of speaking that name.
???: well that demon is the one who locked me in here.
His expression softens.
???:I'm begging you, Yukii. You've got to get me out of here.im asking for your help.
Me: h-h-help you how?
???: that's what I'm about to tell you, listen closely.
I lean in closer to the door, closer to that boy.
???: Now, you can't open this door. Neither of us are capable of that. Because it's sealed with a very powerful sort of magic.
He starts smilling and motions me closer. I do so, but not fully.
???: I'm order to break the seal, you need the power of Lucifer and his six brothers. But there not exactly nice folks. It's not like all we  have to do is ask politely and they'll lift the seal. You must already know that, right?
Aoi had to Play Mammon with his credit card,into a pact.
Marylynn almost lost her life in a stupid Quiz for a pact with Leviathan. Only to help me get here..
only to be asked MYSELF to RISK MY LIFE?!
???: but your a special case, you can make them do it.
Me: o-o-okay..do you want me to try and ask..them?
He chuckles and shakes his head, smiling.
???: Oh no, there's no need to do that! Because you have the power to bend demons at your will. What I'm trying to say is that you should do pacts with these demons—all of them. Your friends already have Mammon and Leviathan under their control,right? Well, doing the same to all of them will be really simple.
How...did he...
Me: Wait! How did you know about Aoi and Marylynn?!
???: that's not important. What matters is that I'm counting on you to come through for me, Yukii. You're the only one who can help me now.
I swallow harshly my saliva and feel the contact of a hand on mine. I look down hurriedly and see his on mine.
When did I even put my hand on the door?!
Why is he touching my hand!?
???: you're my sole Ray of hope in this bleak, bleak world.
I take my hand away and hide it behind my back.
???: you've got to start by gaining their trust. And if you do that, you can't tell them you've come up here and spoke with me. Whatever you do, don't mention that.
I nod quickly.
???: let's see, you should probably start with....Beelzebub.yes, he'd be the best choice. You need to get close to him. I have faith in you, Yukii. I know you'll get me out of here.
Should I do it? He seems awfully miserable up here...
Me: okay. I'll do it.
He smiles and nods.
???: So then, we have a deal. I'm counting on you, Yukii. Goodnight..
I turn around and start walking down the stairs again.
Me: g-goodnight...
In the hallway in front of that staircase, I start thinking about everything. I walk toward my room, his nails...
I'm pretty sure he's a demon.
Even if he told me he was a human...
why is he lying thought...
~the next morning~
Lucifer: Good morning, Yukii.
I let a loud shriek out my mouth and look at him in fear.
DOES HE KNOW!?
I'm dead!!
He suddenly smiles at me.
Huh?
Lucifer: i have to say, I enjoyed last night immensely. I listened to that record over and over....I can't tell you how many times. And because of that I'm running in far too little sleep today. But I'm in a great mood.
Me: t-t-thats great!
Lucifer: I see you're up late today.
Shit he noticed I overslept.
Lucifer: i take it you didn't get much sleep either. Did something happened to keep you up last night?
Me: y-your reading into it too much, j-just Insomnia.
I'm lying, I've never had insomnia in my whole life.
Marylynn: your insomnia is back?? Again??
I look over at Marylynn, she's playing along?!
Me: y-yeah.
Marylynn: jeez, you idiot. You know what the doctor told you last time!
Aoi: you should stop doing stuff 30 minutes before sleep.
I look at Aoi, She's also playing along.
Lucifer: Hmm, perhaps you were right. I am looking into it too much...
Oh thanks you girls!!
Lucifer: but let me give you a piece of advice. You should all focus on surviving this year here, finishing the exchange program and going back to the human world.
He frowns and glares slightly at Marylynn and her sprained wrist.
Lucifer: that's all you need to concern yourself with.
Mary shrinks in her chair slightly. He turns toward me again.
Lucifer: would you like me to make it a bit clearer for you?
I share my head hurriedly.
I'm scared!
Lucifer:"curiosity killed the cat". Surely you've heard about this expression? Well, curiosity can very literally get you killed here as well.
I'm shaking. I'm scared of him so much. He lets out a huff and smiles.
Lucifer: Hmm, I guess that's more of what you'd call a warning than a piece of advice....Eh, but why split hairs? Forget all about what happened last night. I allowed you to satisfy your own curiosity as a favor to you since you brought me that record. But rest assured, it won't happen again.
He turns around, and leaves. The huge door slamming shut in an awful loud noise.
...
Marylynn: so...what happened exactly last night?
Me: I don't want to talk about it.

I'm so dead..

Am I still gonna help the demon trapped up stairs that is lying to me?

Yes