20

Yukii's POV:
Lucifer: BEELZEBUB...! We're you hiding this angel in your room? Did you allow him access to the house of lamentations? This angel who would try to steal that grimoire...?
Luke: y-you've got it all wrong I wasn't trying to steal it at—
Mammon: hey,idiot! This ain't no time to be makin' excuses! Once lucifer flips out, it's no use tryin' to stop him! I mean, there's one guy who could do it, but—
Lucifer: you two had better be ready to face the consequences...!
Beel:...!
Luke:..!
Eh..? What is lucifer going to do?! In a few seconds, I end up in front of them. Shielding beel and Luke.
What am I doing..!
Mammon: Yukii?!
Lucifer: out of the way, human! Or do you want to die here?!
Mom I'm scared—
But I can't let beel and Luke get hurt because of something that was mostly my fault—!
Beel: stop it,Yukii....!
Mammon: come on this is serious he's gonna kill you for real!
Lucifer scoffs.
Lucifer: A human risking so much to defend a demon and an angel...how very interesting. Well, if you want to be a hero, you're going to have to choose one of them to save. Beelzebub or Luke.
What!
Lucifer:It's one or the other. Make your choice!
Lucifer says I can only save either Beelzebub or Luke...
No!! I don't want to choose!
Me: N-No! I want to save b-both!!
Beel:...
Luke: Yukii...
Lucifer: whats that now? You want to save them both..?
I nod a little.
Lucifer: do you actually think I'm going to allow a lowly human that choice?! that you can have whatever it is you WANT?! NO!
What is he doing!!
I close my eyes shut once again.
...!
~
???:...Yukii...
Why are my eyelids so...heavy...
???:...come back to me,Yukii.
Eh..? I finally open my eyes, using all the force I can manage..
wait this isn't my room...
Beel:...Yukii.
Oh..I look toward Beelzebub.
Right..this is the twins room.
He suddenly lets a big smile on his lips.
Beelzebub: you're awake! I've been here watching you. I thought you might never wake up, since humans are so fragile and all. I'm really glad you're awake again. Do you remember what happened?
Weren't we in some kind of....dangerous situation...?
Beel: you made lucifer really mad when you stepped in to protect Luke and me.
Luke...?
Beel: You almost got yourself killed. If lord Diavolo hadn't come running up, you'd be dead right now,you know? Lord Diavolo managed to stop lucifer.
Luke! Right! I hope he's okay!! I really want to ask but....I don't think I could force words out of myself right now.
Beel: you saw how lucifer Looked back then, and yet you stepped in front of me and spread your arms to block him. It was like you had a death wish. You need to go to lord Diavolo and thanks him for saving your life.
...
Me: w-were you hurt Beelzebub?
Beel: no,I wasn't hurt at all. But is this really the time to be worrying about me? You almost died, you know? A human stepping in to shield a demon from harm. I've never even heard of anything like that before.
Me: and l-Luke?
Beel: As for Luke, Simeon came and took him back to purgatory hall. He was pretty shaken up after what he experienced....
Beelzebub looks pretty worried...
Beel: Luke did nothing wrong. I'm the one to blame here.
Uh?!
Beel:I'm the one who hid him in my room, in the reason he disappeared. I'm the one he failed to calm lucifer down, and ended up putting you in danger...All of that was my fault. When you stepped in to shield me from lucifer, I was pretty shocked. I mean, why would you go to those lengths? You're not a demon or an angel, and you're not even someone with powerful magic. You're just a regular human. So why...why did you try to protect Luke and me?
Me...I didn't think about it..I guess it was my first reflex.
He chuckles.
Beel: I see. So that's simply the sort of person you are.
Me: but, you're also my friend, and you are important to me...
Beel: so...I'm also your friend. Ah... as I watched you there sleeping, as I looked at your face, I couldn't help wondering.... if the situation had been reversed, would I have stepped in to defend you? I want to do something to make it up to you— to thanks you for saving me. So, is there anything I can do?
....
Me: I-I want you to make a pact with me..
I'm sorry mommy.
Beel: so, Aoi made a pact with mammon and Marylynn with Leviathan, and now you want to do one with me. Why are you there so obsessed in maki pacts with demons huh? I want to know why you want to make a pact with me. Let's hear it.
Wh-what?!
Why is making a pact so complicated!! Why do I Feel the need to save Belphegor from the attic..!
I can't say he's in there, but I can't say it's for breaking a magic spell either...!
Form a lie come on!
Me: I-I want lucifer to r-respect me t-too I guess...
Beel: you want lucifer to respect you? Why?
Me: so that he'll let me help him make up with Belphegor.
Beel:....you girls want to do something Even solomon wasn't even able to accomplish....
He looks suspicious!!!
Oh no!
Beel:...all right.
Uh?
Beel: I feel the same way. I want lucifer and Belphegor to make up. So I'll do it, I'll make a pact with you,Yukii.
!!!
~next morning~
I look at the mark on my wrist.
Oh man....
A tattoo...
My mom is gonna kill me..
and the tension in the dining room is gonna kill everyone.
Asmo:..aw,normally everyone's is so happy and full of energy at breakfast. But things are sooo tense today!
Satan: after hearing what happened last night, I'm not surprised.
Asmo: how about you, Levi? You weren't involved in the drama at all?
Levi: I haven't left my room in the past three days since master of diablo released. That's my new game. I've been busy trying to finish it. It's an open world game set in the human world, which you try to destroy by asserting control over Diabolo, lord of the underworld. It's AMAZING.
What—? A game about destroying the human world?!
Satan: so you're playing yet another game with inappropriate themes...
Mary: you'll have to let me try it!
He looks really happy somehow.
Levi: I-it's— you really want to try it?
She nods happily.
Satan: still, I have to admit, sometimes there are advantages to being a shut-in. You avoid being caught up in unpleasant business, like what happened last night.
I lean back in my chair.
I wish I could fusion with it and disappear..
Asmo: yeah,you can definitely say that. Just look at beel. He's on his sixth cup of soup. That's only half his normal pace.
Mary: well, mammon still as the same stupid look on his face as ever..
Satan: that is true.
Mammon: hey! What's that's about my face now?!
I change my eyes on Asmodeus, Satan and Mary....
maybe I should find them some gossip kind of group name...
Mammon:you all! Stop whisperin' over there! If you've got somethin' to say, just come out and say it!
Asmo: I don't know what you are talking about. We weren't whispering. Don't have a hissy fit, mammon.
Mary leans over to asmo and whisper something in his ear again...
Satan: you know, we weren't able to use the kitchen until yesterday, as someone had destroyed it. So, I'd say we're the victims here.
Beel:...
!! Why is he's saying such mean things to him! This is getting sooo uncomfortable I want to die! I'm going to go to class earlier-!
I get up slowly and go to walk away.
Lucifer:...Yukii.
—Eek!
I freeze in place, wide eyed.
Lucifer: would you come see me in the music room before heading to class.
Me: o-okay.
Lucifer: ill be there waiting for you.
Asmo: Ooh, Lucifer wants to see Yukii? Yikes! Super scary!
Satan: pff—! Careful Asmodeus. He might hear you.
Beel is looking at me with a worried look.
I shake my head, maybe I should take him with me...to the music room?
I think he understood what I meant because he got up.
Beel: all right.
As we walk off, I can hear some discussions starting on again..
Levi: so you really want to play it?
Mary: yeah, it sounded fun..
Levi: You can try it! And I have this DVD to lend to you! It's called...!
The voices fade off..
~
We are in front of the music room.
Beel: this is as far as I can go with you. I don't know what lucifer wants,but I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be bad news for you.
I nod my head nervously.
Beel:....don't go dying one me, okay?
I shake my head this time.
Me: I won't, I promise.
I open the door.