19

Yukii's POV:
A wall.
No room. Just a wall.
Beel:..There's nothing here. It's just a wall. But the dollhouse...it definitely showed a small room here. But there's no door and if i remember correctly,the only thing that should be on the other side of that wall is Lucifer's room. Could the dollhouse model be wrong....?
Which one could be wrong? Beel's memory or the dollhouse model...?
Me: I'm sure you aren't wrong, but I don't think the dollhouse is wrong either...
Beel: so you're saying that there's a room there, but you wouldn't know from the outside—in other words a secret room?
That's what lucifer did to the attic room...
Beel:...!take a look at this Yukii.
Me: uh? Look at what..?
Beel: look at this spot on the wall. It looks like a decorative pattern,but I can make out words written there. It's written in the language of angels. This is what it says: "When the morning star dwelt in the heavens, it's light shone down upon this one, sparkling brilliantly, the eight of the eight."
Uh?
Beel: it's a riddle. And most importantly I know the answer to it. "The morning star"is another name for Lucifer. So "when the morning star dwelt in the heavens" means "when lucifer was an angel." "It's light shone down upon this one,sparkling brilliantly, the eight of the eight." That part refers to someone lucifer loved deeply: the eight child of eight,our sister.
Their sister..
beel: her name was Lilith.
In a blink of an eye, a door Appeared. What..
beel:...let's go.
He Opened the door and I entered after him, closing behind me. A room...with white sheets on every thing..is that sun? Oh man..I missed seeing sun.
Beel: I...I know this place...
I look back up at the tall demon.
Beel: it's Lilith room from back up in the celestial realm. I'm sure of it. What's lilith's room doing here, In the house of lamentations...?
Me: I'd like to know more about Lilith. C-can I..?
Beel: like I said before, Lilith was our little sister. But she's gone now.
Me: g-gone?
Beel: she died. In the great celestial war.
...I can't say I wasn't expecting it, but the fact he said it which such a calm, tone?
Beel: do you know about the great celestial war? About what happened then?
I shake my head..
Me: no...I don't..
Beel: my brothers and I were originally angels.That was back before the great celestial war—before we were cast out. Lucifer insisted Revolution against our father, and we aligned ourselves with him. Those who followed our father fought against those who followed lucifer. That was the great celestial war. In the end, our father crushed our rebellion, and cast us out of the celestial realm. During the battle, my sister Lilith's Wing was pierced by an arrow. Both belphie and I saw it. It happened right in front of our eyes...She fell down out of the heavens and...died.
That's— so rough.
Beel: just before she was shot, I saw Angels from the opposing side draw their bows and aim at both her and Belphie. I couldn't save them both...the three of us were too far apart. I knew I'd only be able to get on of them in time. Then suddenly Belphie's eyes met mine...and just like that, I rushed over to him and shielded him from the attack. I wasn't able to save Lilith. She died and it was my fault.
Me: no it isn't..you did nothing wrong beel.
Beel: everyone tells me that. "You couldn't help it," that's what they all say. But none of them saw what I saw. They didn't see how Lilith looked at me as the arrow pierced her wing in the split second before she fell. They didn't see that look of despair......Belphie hasn't come out and said it, but I think he blames me for not being able to save Lilith. I know he wanted me to save her instead of him. In fact, I knew it at that time, but I chose to save him instead...Yukii, what would you have done?
Eh?! What I would have done?!
Me: w-what I woul-would..?
Beel: if you would have been in my shoes, who would you have saved, Belphegor or Lilith?
EH?!
Okay think about it...think about it....
I have,met..
Me: b-Belphegor..
A ringing enters the air.
My D.D.D...?
Beel: your D.D.D is ringing. You should get that.
I take it out of my pocket and look at the callers ID.
Mammon..?
I press the green button and put it to my ear.
Me: h-hel-
Mammon: HEY! Yukii..where are you?!
Me: I'm with be-
Mammon: Something seriously bad is about to happen here! Get your butt down to the underground tomb now! Hurry! The dog is down here, and lucifer is going to kill him!
He hangs up and I take a while to process.
Beel: the dog? Does he mean Luke?
Shit!
Beel: come on, we'd better get to the underground tomb.
We get out of Lilith's room and I look back at the door.
It's gone already.. I run a little bit, trying to keep up with Beel's tall form.
~
Mammon: Lucifer, come on! Calm down a little, would ya?! He's just a lost dog, that's all!! There's no need to go revealing your true form over this, now is there?!
I freeze in my place.
Luke: ᴿ⁻ᴿ⁻ᴿᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵉˣᵃᶜᵗˡʸᵎ ᴬ⁻ᵃⁿᵈ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰ⁻ᵗʰᶦⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ˢ⁻ˢᶜᵃʳᵉ ᵐᵉ ˡᵒᵒᵏᶦⁿᵍ ᵃˡˡ ᵉᵛᶦˡ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ, ʸ⁻ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍᵎ ᴵᵗ ʷ⁻ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵒʳᵏᵎ I'll have you know that I r-report directly to Micheal the Archangel, one of the g-greatest—
Lucifer: Luke. That book you've got in your hand...do you realize what that is?
Luke: y-you mean this...?
He looks down at an old book.
Luke: I found it a minute ago. The sculpture on the stone coffin there was holding it...
Beel: I know that book...
Mammon: FINALLY! Yukii,beel, you're here! IT TOOK YA LONG ENOUGH!
Beel: that's a grimoire.
Mammon: WHAT?!
Isn't that a witch book?
Luke: wh...!
Me: A grimoire?
Beel: yes.it's a book of magic known as a grimoire. Several of them exist. Actually, there's one installed on your D.D.D as well Yukii. "Nightmare" is a grimoire. But nightmare is nothing more than a trial version of sorts it can temporarily Borrow a demon's power. The grimoire Luke is holding had the power to control a demon— to make him do anything, even if it's in violation of a pact. Everything that we rides on that book. We can never allow it to be stolen under any circumstances. I didn't realize Lucifer was hiding it the underground tomb.
Mammon: this is no time to be standing around lost in thoughts,Beel! Get with the program! Now listen up dog! What I wanna know is how you ended up in a place like this! No one else but us had access to this place! So how'd you get here?!
Luke: I-I don't know! Y-your guess is as good as mine! I tumbled down out of the closet in Beelzebub's room and found myself here! And then—
I let out an involuntary gasp out of my mouth and cover it.
Lucifer: wait.Beelzebub's room...? Did I hear that correctly? Did you just say the words BEELZEBUB'S ROOM?
Mammon: uh-oh this is bad...!
Lucifer: BEELZEBUB!!