18

Jace Simens

Today was Ethan's first game and his coach insisted I be there. He was still convinced I was the reason for Ethan's betterment in the game. I usually sat in the stands but today I didn't feel like being crowded by musty teenagers who don't know what personal space is. So instead I decided to sit with the football player. One I get to see the game closer, and two I get to hang with Ethan when he's not playing.

"Simens get over here." The coach said making me cock my head in confusion. They were currently doing the huddle thing where they I guess bless the game before actually playing. I got up immediately being pulled into the huddle of tall muscular boys dripping testosterone.

"We need you to keep Belle here on his game. You seem to be a good luck charm for him so you're as much apart of this team as anyone else is." He said making the team members cheer, and Ethan blush in embarrassment. I smiled at Ethan before acting as if I was listening to the rest of what they were saying.

"On three!" Ethan yelled out. "One, two, three," everyone out there hands in the middle hyping up for this moment.

"Wolves!" Everyone cheered including me. The huddle immediately broke after that and I sighed in relief as I wasn't smushed in between two guys I barely knew.

"Ethan, good luck." I smiled at him giving him a quick kiss before they started running through plays. I walked away sitting back down on the bench getting comfortable just watching as the game started. The guys who were participating at the beginning came over sitting down being a little too loud for my liking, but it was okay.

"You know if Kendrick is here." I looked up to see Usif standing in front of me scratching the back of his head.

"Why?" I asked smirking. I definitely knew the answer but I wouldn't say it out loud, he would.

"He said he'd come see me play."

"And he's important why?"

"I don't know, he just is." He said going red.

"Seems like he's a little more than important?" I questioned. "Yes. He's here, just for you." It was the truth. It seems he really only did come for Usif, that's all he talked about anyways. 'Do you think he's hot in a jersey?' 'What if someone tries to molest him while he's down, who will be there to save him?' Were some examples of things he said. Honestly the questions only got weirder and I'd much rather not relive that.

"Really?" He asked smiling.

"Yeah. He's dickmatized." I said mocking Jayla. She'd told me that a few times when Ethan an I started our little thing. Usif only stood there with wide eyes before he was called onto the field, to be put in the game. I didn't really pay attention to the game only to when players were coming in and off the field.

"How am I doing?" I looked up to see Ethan smirking at me. It was apparently half time and we were winning by a arm and a leg. The other team obvious can't play as well.

"Awesome." I said as if I wasn't scrolling through Instagram for the last twenty minutes.

"This team sucks, this isn't even a game." Ethan sat beside me laying his sweaty head on my shoulder.

"I see, they've barely scored."

"The guys are hosting a party after the game, you wanna go?" Ethan asked me.

"Only if you promise not to punch a guy." I glared.

"Fine. But if someone touches you the wrong way my promise is immediately broken." He said sternly.

"Then yes. I'll definitely go." I smiled putting an arm around his shoulder pulling him closer to me. "You surprisingly don't smell like sweat." I said taking in his natural smell. Ethan didn't respond, just sat quietly watching whatever was going on.