Chapter 2

As Jenna sat in the meeting room, she mentally cursed at herself. Of course she remember Jaehyun, how could she forget?

Growing up, Jaehyun was not only Johnny's best friend but also Jenna's classmate and crush, who proceeded to start a series of stealing her firsts. In elementary school, the two were at some stupid birthday party, playing spin the bottle, where they shared their first kiss. When they hit high school, they dated for a bit. Jaehyun was Jenna's first boyfriend, going to school dances and prom with her. They finally decided to break it off though, thinking it would be better when they went their separate ways for college. The problem was, they somehow ended up in the same college, both studying business, which one day lead to a typical college party. The two shared their first shots together, and somehow ended up next to each other the next morning, their clothes on the floor in a pile beside Jaehyun's bed. They soon grew apart though, when Jaehyun had left to work in America right after graduation. Jenna had put the boy in the back of her mind, forgetting about his existence, focusing on her work instead. Until now.

Now, the same boy was sitting across the table, wearing a smirk on he face. He wore a grey suit with a white shirt, top button undone, slightly revealing his chest. His hair was slicked back, showing off his forehead. His eyes held an intense stare, clearly focused on the meeting.

Jenna had to admit, Jaehyun was attractive. He was well known in school for his looks. Before they dated, girls would often leave him love letters in his locker. In college, he could easily pick up any girl at the party. Jenna was sure that if he were to go to a club now, he could go home with any girl he wanted.

As he grew older, his features had matured as well. His face has lost its baby fat, his jawline now clearly defined. His suit jacket seemed tight, proving that he worked out frequently. From the tightness of the dress shirt, you could see faint outlines of his abs poking out. Jaehyun was definitely someone you could stare at all day long and wouldn't get bored.

"So that's all we have for today. Do you have any questions?" Johnny said, breaking Jenna out of her trance. Jaehyun shook his head.

"No, your company is clearly doing well, I'll make sure to report that to my father." Jaehyun said with a smile.

"That's good to hear, let's head out then." Johnny said to the group. Jenna nodded, standing up to follow her brother out of the meeting room.

"Miss. Seo, a representative from Allure offered a photoshoot for their next issue. I left a folder with the details on your desk." Mark told her as the three of them walked out.

"Thank you, I'll see to it later." Jenna said, dismissing the boy. Mark left the group to head to his office, exchanging looks with Jaehyun on his way. As the three approached the doors, Johnny turned to face his sister.

"I hope you don't mind but we're going to head out for lunch now." Johnny told Jenna. She checked her watch to see that it was their lunch break.

"You're welcome to join us if you would like." Jaehyun suggested, his deep voice echoing through her head. Jenna simply shook her head, declining the offer.

"I have a bit of work to catch up on, but you two go ahead." Jenna said to them.

"Do you want me to get you something then?" Johnny asked his sister.

"That would be great." Jenna said with a smile. The two men headed to the elevator that would take them to the building's lobby. As Jaehyun walked away, his eyes met Jenna's for a brief second, staring deep into her brown orbs.

...

Jenna's mind was distracted. Seeing Jaehyun made her reminisce all the moments they spent together, which was a large portion of her childhood.

Trying to take him off her mind, Jenna turned on the TV in her office, watching the news. It was currently reporting the murder of ten victims in an alleyway.

"Last night, ten victims were brutally murdered in the streets of Neo City. They were reported to be members of a gang, known for illegally selling drugs." The screen then changed, showing graffiti on the brick wall of the alleyway.

"It seems that the well-know mafia, NCT, is responsible for the murders, leaving their signature mark as seen in many of their other previous crimes. If anyone is aware of any information in regards to this group, please report it immediately."

Suddenly there was a knock on her door.

"Come in." Jenna called out. Mark entered the room, a stack of folders in his hands. He eyes wandered to the screen.

"You're watching the news?" Mark asked her. Jenna nodded.

"Yeah, I was bored. It seems that NCT strikes again." Jenna said, shutting the TV off.

"Not surprised." Mark said, passing her the folders.

"They must be pretty confident in their work if they leave their mark everywhere." Jenna said, taking the folders in her hands. "They've been around for years and no one seems to know any of their members."

"Yeah, I guess." Mark said, unsure of how to respond. "Those folders contain some information on our branch in Paris. I think they're looking at building a few new stores in the city and wanted you to go over their plan first. " He told her.

"Thanks Mark, I'll take a look at these and I'll send them back to you if needed." Jenna replied to him.

"Sounds good." Mark said, heading out of her office without another word.

...

"So what's the real reason why you came back?" Johnny asked the man sitting across from him. Jaehyun wore a smug look, taking a sip from his coffee.

"I was offered a new position." Jaehyun told his friend.

"With who?" Johnny asked.

"Guess."

"Your father?" Jaehyun shook his head.

"Try again." Jaehyun told him.

"Taeyong?" Johnny guessed again. Jaehyun nodded, putting his cup down.

"Guess who's your new underboss."

———————————————————————————

Jaehyun is actually really hot