Chapter 24

Jenna had said goodbye to Jaehyun when they went their separate ways in the morning, both headed off to work. She was now sitting in her office, lost in her own trail of thoughts when Mark called her through the intercom.

"Hey Mark, what did you want to tell me?" Jenna asked, responding to the male.

"Hi Jenna, Vogue's livestream with us has received a lot of comments, it might be worthwhile taking a look before your meeting with Yuta later." Mark told her.

"Thanks Mark, I'll check it out now." Jenna responded as she began searching up the video. She took a look at the comments section.

Jenna is so pretty, I wish I could be like her...

JJ SEO is an amazing brand, I love their clothes and Johnny and Jenna seem like the nicest people ever, i love them

Jaehyun and Inhye look so uncomfortable together, was it an arranged marriage?

Jenna noticed a reply to the last comment.

Probably, if you look at the magazine, Jaehyun has more cuts with Jenna. He has like one with Inhye

I can see Jaehyun and Jenna together

Their cuts in the magazine were so adorable, i ship it!

If only he wasnt engaged inhye :(

Guys, look, theres an article of childhood pictures of them! Apparently Jaehyun and Jenna used to date!

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows as she clicked the link in the comment section, opening an article in regards to her childhood. The headline read: Vogue's Latest Issue Brings Light to the Childhood of the Four Models

Underneath, pictures of the four of them in high school were shown, some from their graduation as well. The reporter must have stalked them hard as there were statements from anonymous classmates.

"Jenna and Jaehyun were definitely a power-couple at school, they were bright, good looking, and kind. They were so cute together, clearly shown by their cuts as well. It's a shame that Jaehyun is now engaged with Inhye."

~ Anonymous Classmate

Jenna smirked as she read the article before looking at the time. Her meeting with Yuta would begin soon.

Jenna closed the windows on her computer before getting up and making her way to the meeting room, where Johnny was already waiting, Yuta's contract in front of him. She gave Yuta a large smile as he was guided into the meeting room by Mark.

"Welcome to the team, Yuta." Jenna said as Yuta took a seat across from her.

...

"What is this?!" Mr. Jeong spat out as Jaehyun stood in front of his father's desk. Mr. Jeong has slapped a printed online article, childhood pictures of him and Jenna on the front page.

"It's just an article. Reporters write about everything nowadays." Jaehyun replied, hands on his hips as he let out a deep breath. His father was not in a good mood.

"Please explain this then." Mr. Jeong said, putting down an issue of the Vogue magazine he was featured in. He flipped through, stopping at every image of him and Jenna, which was a hefty amount.

"It's just a shoot father, we were working together in a professional setting." Jaehyun told him. His father didn't look very convinced.

"You need to watch your behaviour when you are outside of this building Jeong Jaehyun. This marriage is gaining a lot of attention from the public and you need to be more aware of it." His father scolded, throwing the papers into the recycling bin. Jaehyun slowly nodded his head, hoping his father would let him go but instead, he pulled out a white envelope, passing it to his son.

"What is this?" Jaehyun asked, opening it up to reveal two tickets.

"Movie premiere tomorrow night, all the large companies of Neo City are sending people there and we were invited. Bring Inhye and for goodness sake, wear that stupid ring." His father said, taking his seat.

"Also, Johnny said they have matching outfits for both of you again, so pick them up today after work please." His father said before shooing him away. Jaehyun sighed as he left his father's office, envelope in his hands. He took out his phone, sending a quick message.

Jaehyun
What time do you finish work today?

...

Jenna shut her phone off after it buzzed on the table, eyeing the text from Jaehyun. She smiled as she returned her attention to the meeting.

"I think a teen clothing line is an excellent idea. We have a lot of options for adults so I think targeting a younger audience would be beneficial for the company." Johnny said to Yuta.

"How much time would you need to complete it?" Jenna asked as she laced her fingers in front of her.

"For the originals, not long. I already have ideas in mind, so I just need sizes for the pictorial models." Yuta said, passing the Seo siblings his sketchbook. The nodded with approval as the flipped through.

"Mark, can you call Jungwoo and ask for the schedules of the Dream members?" Jenna asked as Johnny gave them a small smirk.

"Um, does that include me?" Mark asked, hesitation in his voice.

"I mean, if you want." Johnny replied as Yuta gave Mark an encouraging nod.

"Also contact Taeil for the pictorial shoot, his crew does a much better job." Jenna added.

"Okay, I'll contact them immediately." Mark said as his ears began to turn red.

...

"What do you want?" Jenna asked, holding the phone to her ear. She heard Jaehyun chuckle on the other line of the phone.

"Why do you sound so angry?" Jaehyun asked her.

"Your text interrupted my meeting." Jenna told him, taking a seat at her desk.

"Yeah, my text. Why did you call me back instead of texting hm... did you miss my voice that much?" Jaehyun teased.

Jenna cheeks turned red as she paused for a moment, realizing what she had done. She could tell that Jaehyun was smirking on the other side.

"Anyways, I'm done at six." Jenna said, quickly changing the subject.

"Okay, I'll see you then." Jaehyun said, before hanging up.

Jenna put her phone down, rubbing her temples. Why did she constantly make a fool out of herself when she was with him?

———————————————————————————