1

Warning: Manga spoilers! As usual, I will make it different, though! Please enjoy this!

There will be an age gap between Nozel and our dear little (y/n)! She is 25 and he is 29. If you don't like that, then please exit now and don't grill me on it. Thank you.

Edit 5/12: so basically I changed the age difference. Ik in the original story (y/n) is the same age as Solid Silva, so just ignore that if you see it. Thank you!

Edit 3/2/23: I completed this story before Chapter 230 was released so don't grill me on stuff that isn't matching with the anime/manga🤡

(n/n): Nickname

Reader POV

Father and I walked home from the trading market in the northern mountains of the Spade Kingdom.

"You know," Father smiled at me as he opened the door to our home. "The children love your ice sculptures,"

I smiled back at him and took his coat. The snow outside fell down from the clouds faster and faster.

"Good thing we've made enough to get some supplies," I said. "Oh, and..." I took out something.

"Oh, (y/n)..." Father started a kettle. "Where did you get the money for that?"

I placed the shepherd's pie on the table. "Well, I'd saved up some money from the last time I babysat the Helinski twins,"

"Dear, you should've saved that,"

I shrugged. "It's no issue. Besides," I washed my hands. "We need to splurge every once in a while."

Both of us lived in the Spade Kingdom's mountains. We weren't rich, but we weren't extremely poor.

Since my mother died, Father has been raising me up along with my three younger brothers.

Mother had died giving birth to the three of them and Father made it his life's work to make sure all four of us grew up properly.

They were five years old while I was 18. It was hard to believe Mother has been dead for five years.

All three of them loved it when I showed off my magic.

Like my mother, I had ice magic.

My three brothers shared my father's water magic.

"Ashio! Alex! Anthony!" I called to the three. "Dinner!"

The three ran down the stairs and attacked me with hugs.

"(n/n)!!" The three albino triplets smiled sweetly at me.

"Go wash your hands and set the table," I instructed.

Soon, we were all sitting down at the table. The seat to the right where my mother sat was empty as usual.

Father was seated at the head of the table. Like my brothers, he had albino hair and blue eyes. Only I looked my mother.

(If you/your OC's hair is white and has blue eyes, then ignore this)

"This is so good!" Alex grinned.

"Don't eat too fast," Father warned. "I don't want you kiddos dying on me before (n/n) serves dessert,"

Even though he never said it, I knew Father was always concerned about Alex.

Alex had caught a terrible sickness when he was two and ever since, has been physically weak.

Compared to my brothers, he couldn't use as much magic as them.

Alex was about to say something when someone knocked frantically on our door.

I got up and answered it. It was our closest neighbor, Ana.

"Ana!" I smiled. "Hello!"

"(y/n), there's no time for this! You all must leave!"

"Why?"

Father was alert. "It's them, isn't it?"

"Who?"

Ana and Father locked eyes and she turned away. "We will be by the caves."

The caves were about a mile away and only us who lived in the village knew our way around.

There were exits that opened up to the other kingdoms and there was one specific tunnel that lead to the Grand Magic Zone.

The door closed and Ana ran to warn our other neighbors.

"What's going on?" Ashio asked with worried eyes as Father rushed about.

"(y/n)! Take your brothers to the mine with the others! Do not wait for me! Bring some blankets!"

"What's going on?" I repeated Ashio's question.

Father looked me dead in the eyes. "I cannot explain, (y/n). Do as I say. Take your brothers to the mine and do not come back! Do you understand?"

I nodded with wide eyes. I rushed around as well and gathered what I could.

I ran out the back just as Father turned out all the lights.

"Hold onto me and do not make any sounds," I warned the three.

They silently nodded and my grimoire floated into the air.

My grimoire was a light blue with silver edges. There was a four-leaf clover and a snowflake entwined on the cover.

"Ice Magic: Wings of Nordicis."

The three of them held onto me as I flew extremely fast to the mine.

I looked briefly behind me and saw three figures approaching my home.

Two males and one female.

They wore dark cloaks with spades on them.

"(y/n)!" Ana and our other neighbors were hidden in the caves. "We must go!"

"What about Father?" Anthony asked. "Where is he?"

Ana closed her eyes. "May Lord have mercy on us. You all know the mines. We will all go to the Clover Kingdom. It is our only option. Take the route that leads to the Grand Magic Zone. From there, go to the Clover Kingdom. Do not tell anyone you are from the Spade Kingdom."

All of us started to use our magic and quickly escape.

"We've planned this about two years ago," Ana explained as I used mana skin around my brothers and those who couldn't use the same amount of magic. "There were rumors that House Grinberryal was overthrown by a group of three people. We didn't know that they would attack up here since there isn't any object precious up in these mountains."

However, our route was cut short.

"Well, well." A male with a deep voice stopped everyone. "Look what we have here, Vanica, Dante."

Two other mages took the other corners of the group.

A baby cried as my brothers clung to me, absolutely afraid.

"We've managed to catch ourselves the runaways, eh, Zenon?" Vanica the female grinned.

I could sense their magic power. It was extremely massive...but something was wrong. There was also traces of demonic magic.

"Whatever should we do with them, Dante?" Zenon smirked.

Dante, the other male, opened his grimoire. "Kill them all."