3

Reader POV

I woke up in a room with white walls and a patient's gown on me.

"Where am I?"

A doctor with blue hair and gray eyes looked up from his clipboard. "Ah, you are awake. Do you remember anything?"

I slowly looked down. "Not really. Everything is a haze."

"It seems you have hypothermia, despite being an ice mage," he motioned to my grimoire which was sitting with my other things on a desk. "What is your name and I need all of your personal information."

"I am (y/n) (l/n). I am 18 years old."

"Any family?"

I gripped my arm and shook my head, the pain cutting through me like a dagger with no mercy.

"Where are you from?"

"I...I can't tell you."

The door opened and in came a man with silver hair and a braid in his face. He was about 5'9.

"She's awake," the doctor said.

"Yes, I am aware of that, Captain Obvious," The man growled. "Excuse us, Doctor Rain. I've got questions for this young lady."

Doctor Rain nodded and exited the room, closing the door. "Yes, Captain Nozel."

Captain Nozel sat down on the chair next to my bed.

I looked at him with fear. He looked royally pissed off.

"Who the hell are you."

"(y/n) (l/n)."

He frowned. "Why is it that you were found last night trying to enter the Clover Kingdom illegally? Don't you know that's forbidden?"

I looked down at my palms, my hair covering my sight. "I know..."

"Then why did you do it." He growled. "Why is it that when we found you, you were covered in blood?"

Something inside me said to keep my mouth shut about it.

"And Doctor Rain has informed us that it wasn't all of your blood, but someone related to you,"

My eyes widened. 

"Got something to say?" Captain Nozel growled. "I need answers. And I'm more than willing to-"

"Nozel." The door opened and a man with red robes and a calming aura came in.

Nozel immediately stood up. "Wizard King," he saluted.

"There is no need to torture her for information," The Wizard King said calmly. "You know I don't approve of those methods." 

"But Julius-"

Julius Novochrono pulled up a chair. "Young lady, what drove you to try and enter this kingdom?" He asked. "You must tell us."

I gulped. "Well...my whole village was attacked by three people. Last night to be exact. My father told me to take my three brothers and meet up with the other survivors."

"Where are they, then?" Nozel demanded. Julius glared at Nozel and gestured me to continue.

As I told them the whole story, I was crying.

Once I was finished, Julius gave my hand a pat.

"I'm sorry for your loss," he said quietly. "I pray that your family and friends are all at peace right now."