23

Reminder: my story will be different than the manga. Grill me on it and I will mute you.

Quick A/N: I'm sure you guys realize that I'm really fast at updating 🤣 however, I might need to take some tiempo for other fanfics that need my attention. Do not worry, I never forget about stories I make with my own two hands☺️🙏 For now, please feel free to check out my other works for this fandom and others!

I write for: BNHA/MHA, Shokugeki no Soma/ Food Wars!, Hetalia, and more. I even have some originals. Anyways, I plan on making Haikyuu!! fanfics soon :)

NOW ONTO THE STORY

Reader POV

Time: 11:45 AM

I heard a howl outside.

Sister Lily and Father Orsi looked at each other in alarm.

"Get the salt," Father Orsi instructed Sister Lily who nodded. He turned to Nozel and I. "Each night, we would hear a howl. That means the source of this madness is rising. Be on guard."

"Ice Magic: Arctic Devil Dive." I once again got into my kitsune/devil takeover with a grim face. "Nozel, get your magic ready. If you insist on fighting- even though we told you your efforts are not needed, then you'd better be ready."

He sighed. "I swore to protect you, (y/n). Now, let's get the children and others to safety. I plan on evacuating everyone."

Sister Lily came back with the salt. "Your majesty, we tried to. But as we said earlier, everyone is afraid to step outside of their homes- even in daylight. To ask everyone to come outside now? You're asking for trouble."

"I don't care," he said. "It's an order. I want everyone out of here as fast as possible."

"But where can they go?" Father Orsi asked. "They have nowhere else."

"The castle." Nozel looked up at the sky. "The guards will let you in if you tell them that it's Code Silver."

"But we can't get away quickly enough!" Sister Lily protested.

"Then I'd get started quickly. Take (y/n) with you and make sure not one single person is left in this village, do you understand me?"

The two nodded. I glared at him. "You'd better not do anything stupid,"

"No promises," he flashed me a charming smile. "And I'd say the same for you. You've got our kid to protect."

I frowned. "I plan on sending everyone to the royal capital with my ice transportation magic. We need them gathered in one place so I can make a huge ice platform for them to go on that will bring them to the capital quickly."

"Sounds like a plan."

The children were the easiest to round up since they were sleeping.

"Ice Creation Magic: Chariot."

The ice surrounded the villagers and it was soon in the sky.

"Stay safe!" Villagers shouted to Nozel and I. Sister Lily and Father Orsi were on the carriage, praying that we would overcome this.

Time: 11:52

"It's eight minutes to Midnight," Nozel said beside me. "We need to find this grail where the demon resides. We should split up and-"

I rolled my eyes. "As I've said constantly, Nozel. Your magic isn't strong enough to battle a devil without another devil's help. We need Asta!"

"Who the hell said that you can't ask other devils for help!?" I looked up to see four figures: two males and two females.

"What the- that's the Dark Triad and Rina!" I looked at them in shock as they flew down from the sky.

"We've come to help," Rina said.

"I thought you couldn't use demonic magic anyone since (y/n) closed the portal?" Nozel looked uneasy since the three Zongratis siblings caused lots of trouble. In fact, the only reason why they were out, was because their other magical attribute was useful for reconstruction.

"We can't," Zenon frowned. "Unless our little niece unlocks the portal again."

"How can we trust you?" I frowned, knowing exactly what they were suggesting.

"We don't want to cause any trouble," Vanica said honestly. "We just want to get rid of this devil and atone for our sins. Not to mention I've been bored and I need something to fight."

Nozel shook his head. "You aren't thinking of-"

"Shut it," I glared at Nozel, still ticked off from earlier. "If their intentions are genuine, I would love to ask for their help since Asta is hurt-"

"My son is hurt?" Dante looked alarmed. "Where is he? Can I see him?"

"So now you want to be a father?" Nozel was hostile towards the former Dark Triad. "His location is none of your-"

I covered his mouth with ice. "He's right now recovering. He was on a mission that dealt with another source of demonic magic. He thinks that if we stop the source here since it's stronger than the one where he was, then the magic will stop altogether."

Nozel looked angry since I covered his mouth with ice, I could see it in his eyes. I ignored him for now since he was able to get the ice off after intense blowing and using some magic to get it off.

"I want to trust you three, really I do," I said. "But after everything you did? I really want to. But I can't trust you."

Rina spoke up. "I was the same, (y/n). But their words are genuine. Time has passed, distant cousin of mine. But we need to focus on right now. There's no way that you'll be able to take on this devil all by yourself."

I knew she was right, but...

"Fine." I summoned an ice shard that was pink. "Ice Magic: Key to the Underworld."

The ice shard shattered around the three half-uncles and aunt of mine and I could feel their mana increase, along with the fact that they now had devils in them once more.

"Oh, god! I've missed this feeling!" Vanica squealed with joy as she flew into the air with Megicula's wings. "We'll definitely kick this devil's ass!"

All four of us activated intense levels of demonic power, leaving Nozel to fend for himself with his mercury magic.

"Why is he here?" Zenon asked me quietly as we flew off. Nozel was flying behind us with a frown on his face. "His magic isn't nearly enough to outtake this devil."

I sighed. "I tried to explain that to him, but he wasn't listening. Anyways, we need to work on getting this devil out of here."

Dante spoke up. "But my dear niece of sorts. This isn't just any devil. This is the king of devils."

"Satan himself," Rina said with a grim face. "And his magic overrides just a single devil's magic. It will take all four of us to defeat him- and even then, we aren't sure."

The five actors stepped onstage as the ghostly audience clapped. Like puppets, they all got into formation and begun Act One: Scene One.