24

Next Update: 4 votes :)

Reader POV

"Satan?" My blood ran cold.

"The King of Hell," Zenon narrowed his eyes. "I do not know the full extent of his magic. One of my subordinates in the Dark Disciples encountered Satan once. He was never the same."

A low growl echoed around the village.

"What the-"

The clock stroke Midnight.

The air became tense and long and horrible arms came out from the surface of the tatoe patch nearby the church.

"Watch out!" Zenon pushed me out of the way as an arm flailed in the air.

"What the fuck is that!?" Nozel activated his magic tenfold.

Rina looked down as a huge male, about seven feet tall, came from the ground. The arms we saw earlier were made from shadows.

The man had horrible horns, red eyes, and all sorts of horrible attributes.

"Hm. It seems my children have come."

"It's him!" Rina looked terrified.

Nozel POV

Flashback

"Asta! Are you alive?" I ran into his room in the hospital wing of my castle.

His face looked absolutely scared. "Nozel! The mission I went on. It's Satan! He's somehow come to this land with a physical form!  His magic- it's spreading everywhere!"

I frowned, knowing this peasant brat was actually very powerful. "Did your anti-magic do anything?"

"If anything, at my very best, it weakened him  1%." Asta nodded his thanks to Rain as the doctor left the room after healing up Asta's injuries. "It's going to take many mages with demonic power to even stand a chance against him,"

"Can you sense him now?" I asked.

"Hage. He's in Hage. But Nozel," he looked deadly serious. "He told me something. He said long ago, he was given a prophecy about a woman with the powers of a kitsune spirit and ice devil magic. She will come together with foes and friends and all together, they will fight."

"But that's not it. I found a scroll near the ruins of the old civilizations that explain it more. Over a thousand years ago, devils and humans roamed the lands. It took a huge sacrifice for the chapion, Aline Avalore, to seal Satan away. She had to sacrifice something important of hers to gain the power to seal Satan away. Satan warned that should (y/n) and the others fight, someone or something will have to be sacrificed to end his existence forever."

Flashback End

I stared at (y/n) with fear. If the prophecy was true, she or someone close to her will die.

I had come only because I needed to make sure she would make it out alive.

"Well, would you look at that." Satan had a frown on his face. "Five of my devils going against me- for these puny humans. Don't you want to get back to the glorious days when we devils ruled the lands and humans were nothing but our property?~" Satan leaned his head back and let out a horrifying laugh.

"It seems you have taken my livestock," he rasped. "So I guess Aline Alavore's prophecy has come true as predicted."

"Aline Avalore?" Rina's face became very disturbed.

"Hell Magic: Darkening Tide!" Satan let out a huge surge of magic- stronger than anyone ever before. The whole world shook and the sky turned from a cool deep shade of indigo to a deep red- as if the world was on fire.

"Gravity Magic: Atomic Pressure!"

No matter how many spells were released, no one could even get close to Satan.

"Aline, I know you are here." Satan raised an unamused eyebrow. "I know your magic anywhere, my dear."

Rina slowly started to walk towards Satan. I watched with confusion as she pushed past everyone else.

Her body began to glow and her form totally changed.

Gone was the dark-haired and purple-eyed female to be replaced with a dark-brown golden-eyed female with insane mana levels.

"What the-Rina?" (y/n)'s ice started to form orange ice. Orange was only used for confusion.

"I'm Rina, but also not. Have you never known that an ancestor of House Zongratis is House Avalore?" Aline glared. "Much like Patoli when he was inside of William Vangeance's body, I cannot use Rina's seduction magic. House Zongratis has been tasked with keeping my grimoire safe all of these years."

Aline tapped the ground twice and a grimoire with a six-leaf clover zoomed into her hands at lightning fast speeds.

"A six-leaf clover?" Vanica, Zenon, (y/n), and I were very confused.

"Inside a five-leaf resides a demon," Aline's grimoire opened and she drew out a huge sword. "Inside a six-leaf resides an angel."

"It's about time," Dante rolled his eyes. "I assume Mother and all of my ancestors are glad you've shown up now, Aline."

"You're going to need the powers of an angel by your side," Aline explained to us. "And Nozel. I know they told you that your magic would be useless here, but fear not. We will need you soon."

The clock stroke. It was 12:30 AM.

Aline glared at the former Dark Triad and my wife. "All five of us need to launch an attack."

"What good will that do?" Satan laughed bitterly. "I thought your magic would end me. It seems you, like everyone else, can't kill me. No matter how many demons and other monsters I make, none are powerful enough to kill me."

For some reason, I detected sadness in his voice.

Almost as if he were tired.

"(y/n), your magic is most important," Aline was saying to my wife. "You will know the grand spell to use. You think that your three grand spells are the grand spell, but it is not. Your most powerful spell can be used only once- and it requires a huge sacrifice."

"That's right," Dante spoke up. "Aline gained the spell to seal Satan away for a thousand years because she gave up the most important thing to her."

"What was that?" (y/n) looked frightened. As if she was going to lose family once more.

"Aline Avalore gave up her love for her husband."

And so, Act One Scene Two begun. The first notes of the catastrophe of Lament began on its spiraling path towards the very end of the game.

Bonus: