17

Nozel POV

I was dragged to the center of a courtyard. It was cold as there was snow on the ground.

I could hear screams.

I knew they were (y/n)'s. I looked up and saw Asta and their group trapped in this weird substance that reminded me of a cocoon.

"How nice of you to join us," three people with dark hair smiled at me. "Nozel Silva. The one who foolishly fell in love with our half-sister's daughter."

I said quietly. "Did she know about her true origins?"

"Hell no," Vanica waved her hand in the air. "I believe Ebony told her before knocking the two of them out and dragging them here."

"You're the son of that woman Vanica's devil cursed, aren't you?"

"What the fuck do you think, idiot?"

"Shut it, weird mark face!"

"Dante! Zenon! Shut up! Both of you!"

The two grumbled and listened to their younger sister.

"Gravity Magic: Seething Tides."

The snow nearby started to melt rapidly and rise, about to slam onto me.

I couldn't use magic since the cuffs prevented me from using my magic.

"DON'T!"

All of us looked behind Dante to see (y/n) with blood all over her. The pendant that I had gotten her was smashed on the floor.

It was clear the three of them had tortured her.

"I'll help you!" She was crying. "Just don't hurt him!"

Dante scoffed. "You would sacrifice your life for this man?" He pointed a finger at me. "You know, how can someone fall in love within a span of like...three weeks? I find that very suspicious."

Zenon joined his brother. "I agree. You're a delusional girl, (y/n). That's sad, since-"

"Shut up."

The two looked at me. 

"If you three knew anything about love, you'd know just by one glance that the one you're meant to be with is right in front of you."

Dante glared at me. "Oh, I did, you asshole. But my wife. She was killed by some magic knights in the Clover Kingdom for trespassing. Although, she did run away with my son."

He pointed his hand up to the cocoon where Asta was. 

"You can imagine my surprise when I see that not only my only child looks just like his mother-aside from his eyes, and can also wield the power of a devil."

I looked at the Father and Son. "There's no way..."

"Not only that," Vanica sighed. "You probably already know this, but your dear little girlfriend is actually our half-niece."

(y/n) looked down. "Please. I surrendered myself to you. I just want him to live- and the others."

Vanica frowned and cupped her niece's face. "Don't worry, I don't actually want to harm you, dear. We just need your magic to complete the tree."

"Not only that but maybe if you survive, you'll rule the world with us," Dante said. "As much as we hate House Grinberryal, you and Yuno would be powerful assets."

I noticed something different about (y/n). Almost as if a devil was inside of her.

"Oh, he's also figured out about (y/n) being the host of the Ice Devil, Sofia." Zenon yawned. "Though for some reason, she hasn't emerged."